Third Party Press

GSG- STG-44 Full Auto conversion video

Gsg stg -44

I picked up a GSG STG-44 last summer from CDNN sports for $299 without the wooden crate. Cleaned it once and have not shot it yet. Looks really fun with the conversion. Thanks for the video.

JDiehl

yes I also picked one up from CDNN for $ 299 cant beat that, I have a rare East German KK-MPi-69 22cal trainer so I have a trainer for my east german rebuilt ak's and MP-44/STG-44

Last edited:
Looks like it may have been converted to open bolt configuration, fixed firing pin.
Would be tough to make it closed bolt with a trip, without completely rebuilding the GSG mechanism - although, I am sure some little gremlin has figured it out.

Amusing, fun, if you're paying for the SOT anyway why not?

I was so excited to take my daughter into Big-5 ($329) to feel out the .22 stg44, she picked it up made a face and said it was way to heavy and she didn't like it - sacrilege!

there were several threads on this modification,, the guy in the video responded but did not want to give out the details on the conversion, unless he knew you and that you where a SOT apparently there a few of these conversions around

I followed the threads because , I wanted to know purely for educational reasons :bump2:

That was probably a wise move, gun community is under a lot of pressure right now. You don't need to be giving out info. like that.

If you read Timothy Mullin's old series, testing the War Weapons, he was a great proponent of the super hi-RPM full-auto .22's as a house clearing tool. He argued that with a 100rd mag, they offered better stopping authority than a 12 gauge with buck shot, as because of low recoil, in a small space you could deliver 15-20 rounds of rifled .22 on a target, in a single short burst, the dynamics of which were more powerful than the individual smoothbore shot loads of two blasts from a shotgun firing 00 buck, he chronographed and tested scientifically and it made interesting reading.

He made quite an argument, and that video made me think of his writing.

Me personally, I have no use for a full-auto .22.

Although I know Swanson has come up with a reliable blank firing version of the STG44 .22, using long nose .22lr blanks, but for film work, it would be a bit diminutive in muzzle flash and rattle. It's on line, on youtube I believe.

I re-watched the video a few times interesting how he pulls the trigger almost like a three burst trigger pull, sort of like theres a hammer retarding unit, but yes those 30 mags mags empty fast .

Military Rifle Journal
Back