Third Party Press

byf45 High Turret

bruce98k

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2
Staff member
Long trail on this one and finally landed.
Had to do a little stock repair but all in all great gun.

Scope is CAD, ring serial is 26804, not matching to rifle.

Scope serial is 44159.

B.

Edit 2/22/2016:

Assembler number is 6.

Attachments

• _DSC5791a.jpg
    _DSC5791a.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 323
  • _DSC5808a.jpg
    _DSC5808a.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 372
  • DSC_1372a.jpg
    DSC_1372a.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 447
  • DSC_1374a.jpg
    DSC_1374a.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 300
  • DSC_1376a.jpg
    DSC_1376a.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC_1379a.jpg
    DSC_1379a.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC_1381a.jpg
    DSC_1381a.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC_1382a.jpg
    DSC_1382a.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC_1383a.jpg
    DSC_1383a.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC_1384a.jpg
    DSC_1384a.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Scope

It really looks nice. What is the serial number of the CAD scope and what type of reticle does it have? My CAD has a crosshair reticle. That is why I ask. Thanks.

Last edited:
Very nice looking! Do share the story on how you landed it, that's half the fun of collecting. How much stock repair was required?

high turret

Minor stock finish touch up.
Stock is factory polished with original sanding marks.

Beauty

I am glad your wait is over for this one... MORE PICS>>>MORE PICS !!

The only thing missing is my name in your C&R book that says you sent it to me.:happy0180:

HT looks great Bruce , the small amount that needed to be touched up is unnoticeable . If this was my first look I would not even be able to point out what and were the touch up was done . Best Regards :thumbsup:

P.S. You got Your 2 Turrets Now the Rest are Mine !!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

HT looks great Bruce , the small amount that needed to be touched up is unnoticeable . If this was my first look I would not even be able to point out what and were the touch up was done . Best Regards :thumbsup:

P.S. You got Your 2 Turrets Now the Rest are Mine !!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

Dave you already have too many snipers. It is a crime against humanity that you own TWO Double Claw snipers. You better just send one to me.

assembler number

Hello
what do you mean: assembler number is 6 ?
regards

Edit 2/22/2016:

Assembler number is 6.[/QUOTE]

byf45 HT

The late war Oberndorf assembled high turrets carry what we call 'assembler numbers' and apparently were
unique 1 and 2 digit numbers stamped and written on the receiver and stock barrel channel respectively.

With the numbers so low, these numbers could also have been matching accountability numbers to keep the
stock and action together as the maximum daily production would have been very low.

I believe the highest reported number is in the 30s.

Thanks a lot for the explanation.

can you add pictures of those number on the receiver and stock barrel channel. Late war oberndorf HT: late 44, 45 only. Did sauer have the same rules on HT or LT sniper ?

do you have any explanation about the "0" on the front part of the turret mount and the 0 on the right rear part of the receiver ?

regards

The late war Oberndorf assembled high turrets carry what we call 'assembler numbers' and apparently were
unique 1 and 2 digit numbers stamped and written on the receiver and stock barrel channel respectively.

With the numbers so low, these numbers could also have been matching accountability numbers to keep the
stock and action together as the maximum daily production would have been very low.

I believe the highest reported number is in the 30s.

Assembler/accountability number

This is from a very late svw45 HT barrel channel.

Attachments

• DSC_0250.jpg
    DSC_0250.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 83

Military Rifle Journal
Back