Third Party Press

I just bought the book, glad I did...

GungHo

I recently decided to expand my library of firearms reference by about a significant amount of literature, and discovered that this fine book had been printed about a year ago, I had seen the logo several times when entering gunboards.com but likely didn't have time to fixate on my books, and I didn't understand the significance that there was a new book, and I don't do internet as much anyway. I didn't hesitate when I knew I had missed the boat by a couple of months, so I paid around $170 for one, a small amount considering the many books I have on the way from various sources. Seems I am to be concentrating on mausers, k98, along with mosins and some enfields as usual, buying a wide array of reference material, finally(likely buying more book cabinets).
I will be purchasing the upcoming future two books to be sure. Ashamedly, I didn't have a k98 specific reference source previously, only an old olson mauser book and the older ball book, both replaced yesterday by new additions, but now I have also the backbone of the wehrmacht and sniper variations book en route as well, along with so many others, like the Desparate Measure book to go with my author signed Hitlers Garands book.
I am sure I will be enjoying the Kriegsmodell book alot more than many other books, its on the way verified. I am not ashamed at all to have paid around that amount for one, I was too busy fussing with enfields and recently available mosin snipers and mosin sniper repro's this last year, shame on me.
I no longer do any real internet postings anywhere, and I like to refer to books for information generally, but I just want to make sure I will be one of those who keep on getting later editions, or any editions of note I should not miss out on the k98 rifle, mauser 98's, or g/k41-43 info.
I'll post my accolades of the contents when said book arrives, I can't wait.

Last edited:
Welcome

Welcome aboard Gung Ho !

Since the book is out of print now, market forces will determine pricing. That being said you will recoup your purchase price of the book when you make a smart buy on a correct 98k. Every investment in knowledge is worthwhile.

This forum is truly the best, and you will find many of the guys listed in those books you purchased contribute here. Good luck hunting.

Jack Miller

That book is just going to go up in value, particularly so when guys are trying to complete the 3 book sets. Clawson on .45s sold at $80 first printing and is now well over $500. Kriegsmodell is a great book, i dont see how it could be improved upon. The next vols will be better!

I'm a little surprised that entire stock wasn't gone in the first six months or less, assuredly the economy or the firearm specifics. Still too many people just buying firearms and not interested in the specifics, I always surmize, & there are some who are unsure what war/when k98k's were utilized primarily. But when it comes to books, folks get all tense about laying down some money for books.

Gungho, well said re books. I enjoy study and appreciate good books. I spent $70 on the excellent book "Inglis Diamond" by Clive Law, read it, and studied before I bought one Inglis Hi-Power. I have a library of books that aren't really in my particular areas of interest, but are simply good books. The added bonus is these books have limited printings and go up in value.

I'm surprised that Kriegsmodell didn't sell out quickly too, given the quality. However, Bruce and Mike did this themselves, it wasn't advertised in the mainstream, wasn't placed in Books A Million or Barnes & Noble. It was almost a "private offering".

Kriegsmodell book

I just got my copy Saturday and i love it i will order the next book as soon as possible.
Now that i have it i shudder at the thoughts that i might have missed it.

The only advertising we did was on Gunboards.com - other than that it was word of mouth. We sold over half the books in less than 3 months. Here lately the emails have started rolling in again, but it's too late- we are sold out and don't have a second printing planned yet!

Like Hambone said, if you weren't on Gunboards you didn't get the news. Some inside baseball for you guys- DWJ is working on the German version and it's getting close. Should be interesting! It's been a great ride for Bruce and I, and the next book (Volume 1) is coming along well (my part much slower due to back problems). We hope it will be ready by next year...early if possible? We shall see. :thumbsup:

Yes, I have now a good few collector grade publications books on the way to go with the ones I already own, even ordered another one the other day, Universal machine gun mg34/42, seems its temporarily out of stock except a private book dealer on ebay, so even though I believe I had enough material for my personal knowledge, I decided to go more, before the book becomes out of print. I just bought the new sturmgewehr book(from striking power to firing power), well, it was a new book awhile back, and just like last time when I thought the Peter Senich book on same couldn't go much further.
The embarrassingly large numbers of firearms related books all at once, then more again the last couple of days, nothing like a good grouping of books apart from other interests, but to make a long story much shorter than I had posted last week, I don't want to make it look like bragging on the numbers of books coming in, or my modest collection of firearms and accessories.

Last edited:
I received my book, and I am totally blown away, what a work of art, dedication. I am very much impressed with the contents, and attention to detail. I've received alot of books so far from other sources to upgrade my reference library, but this really stands out amongst all of them. Right now I have almost every major english language market book on mauser history and rifles except the latest to come out propaganda photograph series k98 sniper book to come out in May.
If I hadn't started spring cleaning and final disposition of all my previous c&r collected incomplete/cracked stock special/clearance mauser and other incomplete actions and incomplete rifles to make more room, sparking personal debate that I was deficient in reference material across the board, I might have not even been able to get a copy at all once I started new reference acquisitions, a lesson to be learned for sure in order to stay on top of things in the future.
I do want to also say there are lots of great book deals out there not to be missed out on like this, the "new" book on yugoslav/serbian mausers for instance, and reprinted bayonet books I received as well, and updated versions of the olson and ball books most of us have. As it stands right now, I'll have to particularly "will" my reference library, so expanse, in case of untimely death, be if it ever happens untimely, hopefully if ever after the third book in this series, I'd like to go an informed/happy man.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back