PDA

View Full Version : Ss dbl claw sszza4 & sszza2

Dave Roberts
04-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Not much for Excitement in this Section ,So I thought I would Post this and Maybe Liven things up a Bit . There are a Number of Photos 35 to be exact Hope All Enjoy these a little . Best Regards

Dave Roberts
04-22-2011, 11:04 PM
These Are the Last Ones . The FLP Serial Number is also Etched Numbers just was not able to get a Good Pic to show it . Hope You all Enjoy the Pics . Again Best Regards

BSW 1937
04-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Thank you, Dave.

Isn't the scope really higher than with others mount system?
What was the manufacturing process of this kind of rifle? Was is build directly like that or converted later?

mjones
04-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Dave,

Thank you for posting. I know why the sniper variations are so scarce. You have all of them not just the SS snipers. I have an RC sszza4 serial 1175. Not a sniper of course. Very nice, thanks again.

Mike

mauser99
04-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Thank you, Dave.

What was the manufacturing process of this kind of rifle? Was is build directly like that or converted later?

Hi, BSW my best guess would be. It's a standard bnz43 ss rifle chosen for accuracy then upfitted with optics by the sszza2 team. The extra stamp would of been applied by the inspector after test firing. This rifle is identicle to the one Bruce98K. posted in the k98 section under the bnz43 single rune thread. SAme basic rifle. Also Dave you're sear pin is not all the way in !!!! Look at the photo..:facepalm:

ditch68
04-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Great pics, Dave. Thanks for posting them.

I have always had a weakness for the dow center focus scopes, I hope to get a late LSR version at some point.

Jeff

Hercules
04-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Dave,

That is an excellent looking rifle. You don't see many of those around, so thanks for sharing the pictures. How long ago did you find that rifle?

plymouthmauser
04-23-2011, 05:21 PM
My '43 bnz SSZA4 (RC) also has the same 41Ru barrel code, some 7,000 pieces later.

PM

Serial 8301.

mjones
04-23-2011, 07:29 PM
41Ru barrel code also on RC sszza4 serial 1175

Mike

Dave Roberts
04-24-2011, 12:22 AM
Thank you, Dave.

If my Explanation is Correct it started out as a K98 that was built at SSZZA4 Depot and had Good Accuracy Test and then went to the SSZZA2 Depot to be made into a Sniper Rifle .
If my Explanation is not Correct Mike Steve can give Correct Explanation . Best Regards

Dave Roberts
04-24-2011, 12:40 AM
Hi, BSW my best guess would be. It's a standard bnz43 ss rifle chosen for accuracy then upfitted with optics by the sszza2 team. The extra stamp would of been applied by the inspector after test firing. This rifle is identicle to the one Bruce98K. posted in the k98 section under the bnz43 single rune thread. SAme basic rifle. Also Dave you're sear pin is not all the way in !!!! Look at the photo..:facepalm:

Thanks Mauser99 I did not Notice the Sear Pin . Your Explanation is almost Perfect , I not sure if it would be seen a Standard BNZ43 SS Rifle as I think it a bit different classification as its an SSZZA4 & SSZZA2 . I would think a Classification that Your meaning would be like a BNZ43 SS Rifle without the SSZZA4 Depot Proof . Mike Steves explained this Rifle to me and I am hoping I remember this Correctly in the way he explained it if not I will ask Mike to Jump In . Not saying I am Correct or Your Incorrect just want to be sure correct info is given as SS Rifles at least I find them tough to keep straight . Best Regards .

:):thumbsup:

Dave Roberts
04-24-2011, 12:45 AM
Dave,

That is an excellent looking rifle. You don't see many of those around, so thanks for sharing the pictures. How long ago did you find that rifle?

Had it for about 4yrs Now give or take 6 months . Best Regards

jack944
04-24-2011, 01:11 PM
WOW ...a real one up close. Thanks for posting the Everest of snipers. You need to build a museum to put that one in Dave...and I know what rifle you can sell to help finance it...lol

Truly a rifle most wish we had.:hail:

Bigdibbs88
04-24-2011, 06:05 PM
you really covered all the bases here dave....this is the ultimate. nothing more to say :hail:

Dave Roberts
04-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks For the Compliments Guys , And to Think I almost Passed on this Rifle if I said Price You would Know why . But as usual I have a Very Close friend who Really Egged me on till I bought it . He said I would Probably never get a chance to Buy one Ever Again and this one has Matching Optics . You all Know this Guy he is the Farther of Our K98K Forum and also one of the Authors of the KRIEGMODELL BOOK , Mike Thanks for spending my Money I have No Regrets Now ,but did then .
Best Regards :thumbsup:

rigid1
05-09-2011, 10:15 PM
That is a beauty Dave.

wwd88888
05-22-2011, 01:16 AM
How do they get the scope in the rings? The look solid, were they manufactured as part of the scope?

S/42
05-22-2011, 06:08 PM
The rings are solid/one piece.

They got these on by fully dismantling the scope. positioning, then soft soldering the scope in place. Then reassembling the scope.