Third Party Press

Post ww1 german snipers?

jlj

Did the germans retain any sniper rifles in the early postwar period? I bought a g98 from Navy arms back in '97. The stock appears to be for a sniper,but it has what looks to be a 1920 mark under the edge of the left stock disc. JL

Attachments

• IMG_0749.JPG
    IMG_0749.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0750.JPG
    IMG_0750.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0751.JPG
    IMG_0751.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0752.JPG
    IMG_0752.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 45
By the meaning of Your Question are You referring to Post WWI or Post WWII . Please Advise

By the meaning of Your Question are You referring to Post WWI or Post WWII . Please Advise

Referring to post ww1. The rifle stock appears to be a 1916 or earlier that had the takedown discs added to the stock after 1920 as the left disc is partly covering it, and it does not have finger grooves. The cutout for the bolt handle looks original to me. I don't know of any other types (than snipers) that would have the bolt cutout with bottom swivels. JL

Referring to post ww1. The rifle stock appears to be a 1916 or earlier that had the takedown discs added to the stock after 1920 as the left disc is partly covering it, and it does not have finger grooves. The cutout for the bolt handle looks original to me. I don't know of any other types (than snipers) that would have the bolt cutout with bottom swivels. JL

I do not know alot about WWI but I do Know they had alot of WWI Sniper During Weimar Era .
There is a Forum Member who is Very Knowledgeable on WWI Sniper Rifle his Forum name is Amberg contact him and I am sure he can answer most any question you would have . Best Regards .

Last edited:
http://www.militaryriflejournal.com/

This bolt came in the rifle with the above stock. It has matching # except shroud no #. It seems to be either a sniper bolt or a kar98b conversion ? JL

Attachments

• IMG_0761.JPG
    IMG_0761.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0760.JPG
    IMG_0760.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0759.JPG
    IMG_0759.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 32

Military Rifle Journal
Back