Third Party Press

Mauser Action Yugoslavian M/69 Sniper Rifle

Absolut

A very small quantity came to the market, and I grabbed two of them .. spent the evening with the hair dryer making all the grease liquid and wiping it off (it's still sticky all over), but at least now the markings are readable.

Both are fully matching numbers, both include the original paperwork from the Slovenian Ministry of Defense, and the manual for the scope - and the scope cover, which also has a multi tool hidden inside the cleaning cloth, and a cleaning rod on top. The magazine floorplate is folding by depressing a side button. Can't speak of the trigger since it finally starts to be working, but takes nearly half a second to finally fall. Also note the Pachermayer buttplate and the sling swivels, which look like ones from Enfield rifles, where as the barrel seems to have the Mauser contour.

Any recommendations how to get the grease out of the stock better? And I wonder how many of you had seen one of those rifles before, or even were aware of it?

And yes, as usual with my pictures in some the fishing line is still visible. And I removed the first two digits of the rifles serial number on various pictures, therefore black points in front of the serial number.

Attachments

• m69_01.jpg
    m69_01.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 107
  • m69_02.jpg
    m69_02.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 115
  • m69_03.jpg
    m69_03.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 78
  • m69_04.jpg
    m69_04.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 70
  • m69_05.jpg
    m69_05.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 71
  • m69_06.jpg
    m69_06.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 72
  • m69_07.jpg
    m69_07.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 73
  • m69_08.jpg
    m69_08.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 76
  • m69_09.jpg
    m69_09.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 75
  • m69_10.jpg
    m69_10.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 77
Second set of pictures. This set includes various pages from the scope manual. According to this manual (and what I'm able to understand) these scopes were also used on semi-automatic rifles in 7.62mm caliber.

Attachments

• m69_11.jpg
    m69_11.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 48
  • m69_12.jpg
    m69_12.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 49
  • m69_13.jpg
    m69_13.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 67
  • m69_14.jpg
    m69_14.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 53
  • m69_15.jpg
    m69_15.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 42
  • m69_16.jpg
    m69_16.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 54
  • manual1_01.jpg
    manual1_01.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 43
  • manual1_02.jpg
    manual1_02.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 43
  • manual1_03.jpg
    manual1_03.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 54
Last set of pictures, showing various pages of the official rifle book from the Slovenian Ministry of Defense. And a picture of the scope pouch, with all of it's attachments.

Attachments

• manual2_01.jpg
    manual2_01.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 40
  • manual2_02.jpg
    manual2_02.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 32
  • manual2_03.jpg
    manual2_03.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 29
  • manual2_04.jpg
    manual2_04.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 30
  • cleaning_01.jpg
    cleaning_01.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 44
Georg
What do You know about these Sniper Rifles from a historical perspective and time frame these were used ? As I mentioned when You first sent me a few pics of this , that I had never seen one before nor did I even hear of them . The Scope looks to have Russian design characteristics that which resembles PU Scopes . Please enlighten me/forum members on what You know about these . Best Regards

As the name suggests, they were introduced in 1969 and later (in 1976) replaced by the Zastava M/76. These rifles are treated on page 190 in "Serbian and Yugoslav Mauser Rifles" by Branko Bogdanovic (ISBN-10 1882391357). Since my Serbian is non-existant, but others might want to try their skills (or the skills of Google Translator), you can also visit http://www.mycity-military.com/Pesadijsko-naoruzanje-municija-i-oprema/Snajperska-puska-M69.html and read the discussion on the rifle there.

What is interesting from a collectors point of view, this is still the original K98k action and not the 7mm (?) shorter variant as used in the M48 Mauser rifles.

This scope was made by Zrak, Model ON-2. While looking at the mount would suggest that it is slided on from the rear, unlocking the screws on the right side enough in fact allows pulling it straight upwards.

Following this link will lead you to the original Serbian manual of the rifle: http://elektron.tmf.bg.ac.rs/user/bojan/inf/rifles/sniper/m69/uputstvo/

Hello Paul, a dealer here came into possession of a very small quantity of those rifles. He mentioned it to me while we were discussing something differently - not really knowing what these rifles (what I need to admit myself!) are, I said I'd be interested and he should, if still available, put two aside. Looking them up on the internet we soon fixed the deal, and I'm now the proud owner of two of them. I assume he had them of the Slovenian Government/Ministry of Defense, at least according to the books which came with them, and the heavy grease cover would suggest governmental origin. To my knowledge all are sold in the meantime.

Hello Paul, a dealer here came into possession of a very small quantity of those rifles. He mentioned it to me while we were discussing something differently - not really knowing what these rifles (what I need to admit myself!) are, I said I'd be interested and he should, if still available, put two aside. Looking them up on the internet we soon fixed the deal, and I'm now the proud owner of two of them. I assume he had them of the Slovenian Government/Ministry of Defense, at least according to the books which came with them, and the heavy grease cover would suggest governmental origin. To my knowledge all are sold in the meantime.

pity as would make a nice addition to my collection there is a picture of that rifle in the Janes infantry weapons 1985-1986 page 252 drop me a line if you see another one for sale.

Paul, as mentioned I had bought two of them. If you had something of interest for me to trade, I might part with the second rifle I had bought. If there is something interesting enough I always buy a second sample, because you never know if you probably once need it to be put in a trade (that is also why I fairly recently bought a second fully matching and complete Romanian Vz.24 sniper with IOR scope).

What is the distance between the rings?
Have this SRB A STYS made scope for Yugoslavia.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1847.jpg
    IMG_1847.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1845.jpg
    IMG_1845.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 29
Inner distance between rings is 88mm, rings are 20mm broad (each). Note the scope has integrated recoil rings in both directions.

Any recommendations how to get the grease out of the stock better? And I wonder how many of you had seen one of those rifles before, or even were aware of ...

...I like refined, white petroleum, of the kind used for oil lamps_
soak a rag w.it, rub gently, change often the rag, when dirty of grease_

Military Rifle Journal
Back