PDA

View Full Version : Reticles

S/42
04-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Guys,

How difficult is it to disassemble a Zielvier to clean the reticle?

Please see the picture - you can see there is fluff or debris on the wires. I know how delicate these can be, and know basically not to touch (use electronics canned air to blow crud off). Any pointers appreciated.

Just as an aside, were these reticles used on WW2 snipers, or is the pointed middle post that centres in the field more appropriate? And, on a semi-related matter, was a crosshair EVER used on WW2 german sniper scopes?

Thanks.

vaughn99
04-27-2011, 10:49 PM
by the looks of it some one has tried a reticule change or yours is broken the tip off or the this reticule has the broken fine line that connected the 2 side bars and has a dot in a middle. to me looking at the shapes of the reticule a hobbiest has tried there hand at a reticule change. the edges are rough thick thin in places not a good sign. pic one see the clean bars vs. yours, second pic is what i think you had.

later
vaughn

S/42
04-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Vaughn

Not sure - it's the 4th Zielvier I have seen with the reticle same as mine, without the fine wire - I guess easily broken under recoil, or maybe some never had it?

I'll know for sure when the scope arrives, but it COULD just be dust/crud etc on the filaments. Either way, I will change it out for a new reticle.

I intend putting the Zielvier on a Brno .22 I have.