Third Party Press

MP44 Pouch - Original? Value?

agentcq

I saw this MP44 pouch for sale, pics are not the best but they are what I have been provided with.

Most pouches out there are fake and are relatively easy to spot. This one looks right, at least to me, which makes me think it is an original or high quality repro out of Europe.

The tough thing is most original pouches are in private collections or museums, so I don't have much hands on experience and I only have pictures to compare this pouch to.

Is it legit?

If so, how much is the pouch worth? I know they are like hens teeth and have never seen a matching set for sale, only right or left pouches.

Thank you

Attachments

• !B0pfwIwEGk~$(KGrHqYOKiIE)V7hWnCPBMbNGo24dw~~_35.jpg
    !B0pfwIwEGk~$(KGrHqYOKiIE)V7hWnCPBMbNGo24dw~~_35.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 41
  • !B0pf)Bg!mk~$(KGrHqYOKi!Ew0uZTH2JBMbNGvS7mg~~_35.jpg
    !B0pf)Bg!mk~$(KGrHqYOKi!Ew0uZTH2JBMbNGvS7mg~~_35.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 47
  • !B0pf)dQEWk~$(KGrHqQOKj4E)hqIjq+tBMbNGywdTg~~_35.jpg
    !B0pf)dQEWk~$(KGrHqQOKj4E)hqIjq+tBMbNGywdTg~~_35.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 23
  • !B0pf)i!BGk~$(KGrHqEOKj0E)MFfnVeVBMbNGzcEo!~~_35.jpg
    !B0pf)i!BGk~$(KGrHqEOKj0E)MFfnVeVBMbNGzcEo!~~_35.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 24
  • !B0pf)p!!Wk~$(KGrHqMOKjcE)d0zTnIUBMbNG0INuw~~_35.jpg
    !B0pf)p!!Wk~$(KGrHqMOKjcE)d0zTnIUBMbNG0INuw~~_35.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 24
  • !B0pf)Qg!2k~$(KGrHqIOKjIE)M0k!FEeBMbNG)SLYg~~_35.jpg
    !B0pf)Qg!2k~$(KGrHqIOKjIE)M0k!FEeBMbNG)SLYg~~_35.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 24
  • !B0pf)ug!Wk~$(KGrHqYOKiIE)V7hWnCPBMbNG0t-C!~~_35.jpg
    !B0pf)ug!Wk~$(KGrHqYOKiIE)V7hWnCPBMbNG0t-C!~~_35.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 32
  • !B0pfwhgEWk~$(KGrHqUOKiUE)(08r)VJBMbNGr(G7w~~_35.jpg
    !B0pfwhgEWk~$(KGrHqUOKiUE)(08r)VJBMbNGr(G7w~~_35.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 20
  • !B0pfwp!CGk~$(KGrHqUOKj8E)W9VlNPsBMbNGsKzSQ~~_35.jpg
    !B0pfwp!CGk~$(KGrHqUOKj8E)W9VlNPsBMbNGsKzSQ~~_35.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 24
  • !B0pfwYwB2k~$(KGrHqMOKjUE)KhjZmejBMbNGp9!OQ~~_35.jpg
    !B0pfwYwB2k~$(KGrHqMOKjUE)KhjZmejBMbNGp9!OQ~~_35.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 30
I am far from an expert, and the pics aren't the greatest, but it looks right. The hardware is correct (I have quite a few "lux" fittings on field gear I know is right...)....and the red stripe running through the material I know is a good sign...

I guess it all depends what you can get it for, if it is $200-$300, its a no brainer, if its high end aged repro, its worth that, if its real, I gotta believe its worth $650-$850, maybe even quite a bit more, again, they are so few and far between, I might be way off...

Pics are very small/ poor. Looks like a fake though, webbing straps seems like Czech stuff from the one pic.

Be careful on these...

Without larger photos it is impossible to tell if any MP44 pouches are real. Just because the fittings look good and there is a red stripe in parts of the canvas does not a good pair make...

If they were original they would probably bring $4000 to $6000 as a matched pair. Cheap = fake with these. There are some damn good fakes out there.

These appear to be the set on eBay right now, notice how there are no larger photos?? These are fakes and have been listed before and they didn't sell. Look at the holes in the web straps that go over the pins. Notice how the ones on the eBay pouches are clearly sewn with a "button hole" stitch? Look at the attached photo and look at the same area on the web mag straps. No button hole stitching which is correct for the later pouches using the web straps.

I've got a much nicer pair of repro pouches for less than this guy is selling them, for a lot cheaper!

Greg

Attachments

• wantedmp44pouch.jpg
    wantedmp44pouch.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 36
Real or Memorex???

Real or no? Well I can tell you that the mags are!

Attachments

• DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 9
4-6k for a matched pair??? I gues I'll never own a pair unless I get really lucky!

My guess is if they are on eBay, they are fake...the OP didn't mention whether they were, or something he found elsewhere.

I don't think I would ever take the chance buying an expensive set of these....maybe if I got them out of some guys attic for $150....but I'd rather spend a moderate sum on a nice pair (or even single) of repros that look really good than spend 1k and over on something that is likely fake....

Mp44

I bought this set at the local swap meet a few years back. The seller had marked "AK47- $500" When I informed him what they really were, he said, "Ok then, how about $300" I think the pouches are post-war CZ. JH

Attachments

• MP44 (1).jpg
    MP44 (1).jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 52
I don't know if they are CZ but there are two giveaways on these, the flap strap holes are strange shape and the pins are pointed rather than the rounded german versions. The pins are a dead giveaway, especially the brass ones...

I bought this set at the local swap meet a few years back. The seller had marked "AK47- $500" When I informed him what they really were, he said, "Ok then, how about $300" I think the pouches are post-war CZ. JH

I don't know if they are CZ but there are two giveaways on these, the flap strap holes are strange shape and the pins are pointed rather than the rounded German versions. The pins are a dead giveaway, especially the brass ones...
They way I figured it, the 6 magazines and a spare bolt for $300 was a good deal. The pouches were basically free. They have seen a LOT of use, being almost worn through in several places. No markings I can find. JH

Thank you everyone!

These are on an Ebay Auction and the seller is from the Czech Rep. I didn't know if I could mention items in a live auction as some forums frown upon this.

I knew some things looked good, but I wasn't 100% sure and that is why I like the opinions of others.

Not worth the risk as pointed out by forum members and hopefully this thread will help other collectors.

I don't mind repros, I don't mind clones, I don't mind refurbs, but faking items for a profit yet alone a greedy profit places the seller on the naughty list.

Wow good score with the mags and bolt! Congrats!

They way I figured it, the 6 magazines and a spare bolt for $300 was a good deal. The pouches were basically free. They have seen a LOT of use, being almost worn through in several places. No markings I can find. JH

Thats the problem with these D-bags....they do a really nice job making these, weathering these, they look great....why not just sell them as what they are, high end repros, at a high end repro price...

Rather they would try to fool people into spending huge amounts of money on a misrepresented fake....

Military Rifle Journal
Back