Third Party Press

Books? On ww1 gewehr 98 sniper??

Mr Haney

Does any one know of books priinted on the subject of WW1 Gewehr 98 sniper rifles? I know about Senich book and the book on the Gew 98 rifle.have both. And most books about snipers. Just thought I ask if there is any thing new out there???
Regards
Bob

There nothing that has any good info . I know about one that may be done in Future but for now there really is Nothing New . Best Regards

Gewehr 98 sniper books

Hi Dave
Thanks for letting me know. I figured you would know. I hope some one is putting a book together on the collecting of Gew snipers. I have owned three so far Gew98 snipers, and I would like to learn more about them.
Regards
Bob

I feel the same as Yourself when it comes to WWI Sniper Rifles , The 2 Gentlemen I refer to
are a Walking wealth of Knowledge , But they are undecided about a book . Their biggest fear is the well renowned Fakesters this is what I refer to them as anyway and You will always get more of them and much better informed ones as to How & Were and What needs to be done . It a shame this is first and foremost on the Authors minds when thinking about this kind of undertaking . Best Regards

Gre 98 sniper book.

Hi Dave,
Sad but you are right about the fakeres out there. But in collecting any thing the fakers will learn but so will the real collectors. The book could deal with pictures of the fakes as well as the orginials. That is why the Gew sniper i have i know it correct. It is the push botton type. And i have never seen a repro type like mine. < I hope!!> I wish collectors that have Gew 98 snipers would share in showing pictures of them.
Regards
Bob

Here's a couple I have of my 1917 Danzig , matchign but scope. I got this rifle out of central Florida and it was a real boat anchor condition wise. I opted to do a fair restoration of it considering the bulged barrel and heavily rusted exterior and buttplate that was rusted in about two peices.
It's a good representitve for what little I have in it , though the scope was initially priced to me at over a grand I managed to trade off a handfull of SG98 police marked bayonets on it.

Attachments

• Snipe 1.JPG
    Snipe 1.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Snipe 2.JPG
    Snipe 2.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 47
  • imps 1.jpg
    imps 1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 47
Gew 98 sniper rifle

Hi
My gew 98 sniper rifle is the same type as yours Same type of rear push button base as yours. Nice rifle Thank you for showing to us.
Regards
Bob

Gew 98 sniper rifle

Hi
Now that a great Gew 98 sniper rifle. Thanks for sending the pictures of it. Do you know about any infortmation of how many of the push botton type were made?
Any pictures of your sniper being restored?
Regards
Bob

Military Rifle Journal
Back