Third Party Press

walther sports modell heavy barrel 'police wreath propery marked'

mauser99

posting this for the plumber. This was the rifle in the latest amoskeag auction. I was glad he got it. Price was right as well. This rifle has a larger dia. barrell than a standard w.s.m. He owns another. As do I. He says it's 1/8" larger on the end. I did'nt have a set of calipers with me this morning. I had another fellow tell me he also had a one as well. There is not final step in the barrel and the front site is attatched differently.
This rifle is a gem with all the goodies. Sling and Muzzle cover are the cherry on top.
Enjoy..:thumbsup: If you cant quite see it. Its police wreath over small case "a" This is a variation of police markings seen on german trainers. The other is like the type used on german handguns.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
wsm

yes bob. its a screamer..Much nicer in person. I know you have a couple police marked walther dsm's if I remember correctly..Do you have any wsm's with a larger dia. barrel?

yes bob. its a screamer..Much nicer in person. I know you have a couple police marked walther dsm's if I remember correctly..Do you have any wsm's with a larger dia. barrel?

Yep, first one I bought was a heavy barrel and the second wsm
came about an hour later with the SA brand :thumbsup:.

The rifle above is amazing... condition, police, sling, muzz cover ...perfect.
I think I have 3 police trainers around here somewhere.... walthers & erma (starburts/k)​

Can you get a micro reading on the barrel diameter. Looks like my pair in the 23 6xx W range with the same style front sight. The barrels actually taper from 1.9cm at the front stock band to 1.775cm at the muzzle. Neither have a step from barrel to receiver. Get a magnifying glass to verify that marking. Simpson's photo and mine show a small-case "a". I don't think these were accepted through the normal police procurement channels as were the 625s and KKWs.

In addition, I checked my Meisterbuchse with Olympia stock and it has the same muzzle diameter as the Walther Sportmodells, even to the taper. I guess there is no step at the receiver either? Of course the front sight on the Meisterbuchses are different. According to the sales brochures, the barrels for the Meisterbuchse series (Mod 5, Meisterbuchse and Meisterbuchse with Olympia stock) are all 65cm in length.

I have attached photos.

Attachments

• Walther Meister Olympia bbl at receiver.jpg
    Walther Meister Olympia bbl at receiver.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Walther Sportmodell at receiver.jpg
    Walther Sportmodell at receiver.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 31
  • walther meister olympia & Walther Sportmodell.jpg
    walther meister olympia & Walther Sportmodell.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
joe check marking it is small case a

Joe, I corrected my desciption.. It sure looked like a capitol 'L' to me... Thanks for the correction we dont need to be putting out bad info..M99

Last edited by a moderator:

Military Rifle Journal
Back