Third Party Press

BNZ 43 SS Contract. Is it legit?

gt.rn

Recently got into the k98 game and looking at a supposed SS contract BNZ 43. i've read up on these a little bit but still having trouble ID-ing if legit or not. Perhaps you all can help me out? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 98
  • unnamed-5.jpg
    unnamed-5.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 66
  • unnamed-6.jpg
    unnamed-6.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 57
  • unnamed-9.jpg
    unnamed-9.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 51
  • unnamed-10.jpg
    unnamed-10.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 57
  • unnamed-11.jpg
    unnamed-11.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 63
  • unnamed-12.jpg
    unnamed-12.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 53
  • unnamed-13.jpg
    unnamed-13.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 64
I saw this one on Calguns. After talking with the owner I found out it's a bolt mismatch and floorplate mismatch at least. Barreled receiver is SS contract though. Not a high dollar rifle as is.

I saw this one on Calguns. After talking with the owner I found out it's a bolt mismatch and floorplate mismatch at least. Barreled receiver is SS contract though. Not a high dollar rifle as is.

Thanks for the head's up on that. While i've got your attention what would you gauge the worth of a russian capture bcd 43 with intact waffenachts, "237" code dated 1938 with matching barrel, bore, magazine, and floorplate that's not Russian-reblued? Bore's got some frosting but otherwise in good condition with strong rifling. Thanks man

Tough to say without seeing them. Both would be considered "shooters", so the value is dependent are their ability to put bullets on target. I'd say $400 a piece ish...

Tough to say without seeing them. Both would be considered "shooters", so the value is dependent are their ability to put bullets on target. I'd say $400 a piece ish...

This is the other. And yeah, asking price is around 450-500. My only concern is the frosted bore, is it a deal-breaker?

bcd.jpgbcgrifle3.jpgbcd1.jpgbcd3.jpgbcd4.jpgbcd5.jpgbcd6.jpg

Personally I am not a fan of RC rifles. For just a few hundred dollars more you can get a bolt-only mismatch rifle, meaning all parts of the rifle are original, original finish, no or very light sanding. In the last month there have probably been 4 or 5 bolt mismatch rifles, all priced in the $750-900 range. If you have your heart set on that rifle I would try to get it at $400.

Personally I am not a fan of RC rifles. For just a few hundred dollars more you can get a bolt-only mismatch rifle, meaning all parts of the rifle are original, original finish, no or very light sanding. In the last month there have probably been 4 or 5 bolt mismatch rifles, all priced in the $750-900 range. If you have your heart set on that rifle I would try to get it at $400.

Honestly, I was iffy on both. I'll keep lurking on here/gunboards/calguns, appreciate the advice!

Last edited:
Regarding the BNZ SS piece. Are those firing proofs stamped on the top of the receiver, between the code and the year? It looks like two poorly struck eagles. Anyone ever seen this before?

Military Rifle Journal
Back