Third Party Press

recent finds

mauser99

These are my latest finds. I want to do a more extensive spread on my 6x30 bino's as my collection has expanded a bit. Maybe do a sticky thread "show you're 6x30's!!!
Anyway its so easy to get off track when collecting stuff. My love of everyday field gear far outways the need for dressdaggers or other fancy stuff.
Well, left to right ..blc 6x30 with case. Bakelite carbide lantern, 41 dated luft marked field utencile set. Paratrooper knife"takedown modell" Luft cold weather m43 type cap
and to round it out a set of cag 6x30's with case.. And the grand finally a M35 dd heer in super shape !! Very excited to own one finally! Price was very right. Also it's named on the skirt. I have a very clear photo of the name and possibly rank??? Can Peter or ham. help me out on this one??? :hail: You two are the named helmet and info guru's as far as i'm concerned..thx.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 40
helmet originallity

for those skeptics out there. I just wanted to post my official xr facts cetificate that came with the helmet prooving its original status...This isnt something some four year old couldnt make in ten seconds and was well worth the 3 hundred bucks they charged me !!!!!:thumbsup::laugh:

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 36
LOL ;) Outstanding score. Don't need a pie chart to tell me that helmet is original. Hard to read what the name is, looks like an Oberlt? Cool Luft. winter cap too! Desireable stuff.

name

well h.b. from what I can read it says so far. O---- d. R. Peters I would say the first part would be the rank.. Then R. Peters ???? Is it short for Obergriefriter?? not sure. what other ranks start with O ??? Lets give Peter U. a shot..

Helmet looks good to me - also the Luft cap. I'm guessing that the cap is marked "Berolina, Berlin" with a date and cap size?

The choices on the helmet wearer's rank would seem to be Obergefreiter, Oberfeldwebel, Oberleutnant, or Oberstleutnant. I'm on active duty this week and don't have any of my references abailable. HB or Peter, the masses would really like to hear from you!

Military Rifle Journal
Back