Third Party Press

Messin' around with the camera

Bigdibbs88

"Ach du lieber!"
Just bored today so I put a couple displays together:

Pic 1- Luft M43 (tks Lancer!), matching 44 cvl bayo, AC45 p38, period AP bullets (tks. George!)
Pic 2- Luft M42, DMN43 canteen (purchased by me in St. Mere Eglise), gcb K43 mag, and more AP thanks to George
Pic 3- OT- in honor of the premier of The Pacific. I purchased the shoulder tabs and flag from a member of the 1st Cav. Div, who took them from a military base shortly after the end of the war on Honshu Japan. The bayonet came with the first gun I ever bought- a type 99- pawn shop purchase, captured on the Philippines. The Nambu was taken by the father of a friend of my dads. The bullet was in the gun when the pistol was "relieved" from its original owner. Unfortunately the vet chromed it in the 50's. All matching besides the grips, which were missing and i was lucky enough to find correct originals. Im pondering having the chrome stripped and having it reblued.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 42
  • 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 45
Nice stuff! I wouldnt strp the nambu. Yes it was chromed but so many vets did it that I feel it actually creates another colectors catagory. Not tryin to tell you what to do with your stuff but if it were me Id leave it alone. What kind of camera did you get? Chris

Last edited:
Careful Bigdibbs. That ap may be tracer. Nothing quite like setting the earth on fire 500 yards away. I may be guilty of this many times over. Love the Luft cap. Looks like a real nice example.

Military Rifle Journal
Back