Third Party Press

Rear Turret center screw hole ?

The hole in the center of the rear base is used for a screw to hold a flat tension spring in place, for the scope base.For whatever reason the germans decided this had to be there.

No, the replica mounts I have does not have screw or spring. And no I'm not trying to pass anything replica off as original. When I grew up a local man had a turret mounted K98 he brought back and would do a show and tell for us kids. Which lead the old man down on the corner to do his show and tell with his WW 1 gew 98. They both had all kinda stuff they brought back. Ever since I've wanted a turrent top K98. Now that I have the extra cash I'm going to build one.

No, the replica mounts I have does not have screw or spring. And no I'm not trying to pass anything replica off as original. When I grew up a local man had a turret mounted K98 he brought back and would do a show and tell for us kids. Which lead the old man down on the corner to do his show and tell with his WW 1 gew 98. They both had all kinda stuff they brought back. Ever since I've wanted a turrent top K98. Now that I have the extra cash I'm going to build one.

If You wish to know the best guy to buy Reproduction Mounts and or Scopes & Mounts from let me know and I can put You in touch with him most of the guys here know of him and his Mounts are all hand Machined as Originals were done NO CNC CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best Regards

Military Rifle Journal
Back