Third Party Press

1916 Gewehr 98 Rifle (Mfg by Spandau)

Thanks guys .... :biggrin:

I have some other WW1 pieces that I've yet to create photo montages for, but I'll start lining them up...

Regards,
Doug

That is one great looking Gew 98, Badger. I'm hoping to pick up one myself pretty soon. How's she shoot?

Thanks ... :thumbsup:

I haven't shot her ...

I try not to shoot any of my old pieces that are real collectibles as I'm always worried about damaging them somehow ..

Regards,
Doug

I haven't shot her ...

I try not to shoot any of my old pieces that are real collectibles as I'm always worried about damaging them somehow ..

Regards,
Doug

You're welcome. I personally buy my guns as equal parts collectibles and shooters, but I understand how you feel. I wouldn't mind having that Gew98 even if I never got to shoot it! :biggrin1:

Many seem to feel that way, and I guess the stock might suffer if care isn't taken (possibly could crack it from excessive shooting or drop it- I think it falling over is the biggest worry I have, or banging it into something as its so long!)

But I do not recall ever having a Modell98 type rifle damaged by shooting it? Now the G43/K43 which I have owned a dozen over the years, was a constant headache with broken parts etc.. fun to shoot but damn unreliable and prone to breaking parts.

I never use crappy ammo, never corrosive garbage, but good surplus non-corrosive ammo I have never had a problem for shooting a Gew.98.

Of course, experiences vary and i bet you could find someone who has had troubles!

I haven't shot her ...

Regards,
Doug

The bore of my 98a is pristine, oddly enough, so I just hate to add any wear to it. Of course the handguard is split and the stock is duffel cut, so I guess the matter of whether I should shoot it would be a moot point anyways.

Badger , Were you still looking for a rod for it ?. I can't recall off hand if I ever swapped one with you last time.

Badger , Were you still looking for a rod for it ?. I can't recall off hand if I ever swapped one with you last time.

What a memory partner ... :thumbsup:

You already took care of me a few years ago... thanks for remembering ... :biggrin1:

Regards,
Doug

Erfurt 1916

Hello Badger:
you may be interested in my Erfurt 1916 in the for sale section.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back