Third Party Press

Taschenbuch 1943

ditch68

I Like Bunnies
Not sure what this is, or even where I got it, but it is titled as my post title, about 3x4 inches in size.

My German is poor, but inside I see pay scales, stuff like that for variuos ranks and positions as far as I can tell.

Anyone know anything about these "Pocketbooks"?

Jeff

Attachments

• Taschenbuch1943.jpg
    Taschenbuch1943.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 46
Nobody has ever heard of this? I know there are better forums for this, but I don't know where. Anyone able to point me to someone who knows?

Jeff

These are not at all a rarity. They were a common item in Germany from at least WW 1. They were printed throughout the nazi period and came in the generic form like yours and for Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegesmarine, SS and RAD. I'm sure there are others, but these are the ones I have or have had. I no longer have the RAD or Heer.
I also have one for 1945.
Sarge

Thanks, Sarge. I figured it was a mass-produced item. It was $5, I just didn't know for sure what it was.

So, it is just a pocketbook full of benefits, pay, contacts for services, etc?

Jeff

Yours is a handbook for the NSKOV- the Nazi War Disabled War Vets Association- so it pertained to benefits and such. Others for the Heer, LW, Police and SS often contained colored illustrations of uniforms and such and are sought after for the info they contain.

Military Rifle Journal
Back