Third Party Press

Kaba Spezial-Sport-Buchse Ges. Gesch.

D-K

I am curious to know if this is a trainer in the same line as a DSM-34 or KKW or if it is something else entirely. The rifle is interesting for the length of the barrel, which is about 27.5". Also interesting is the number 26 on the bolt and components. If this is a serial, there are no corresponding ones visible anywhere else above the wood. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 66
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    272.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    283.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 45
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
More Pictures

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 25
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 28
Last images.

Attachments

• 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 22
kaba

Thought this had to be the same one.. Didnt think there were two floating around. I think pre-dsm34 production rifles all these small makers kinda just built whatever came to mind. This was the first full stocked KABA rifle I have seen. It's not totally un-common mostly with u.s. 22's not to have a serial number. The bolt numbers might be for assembley aid only. I think this was the 'pinto' of the early trainer offerings as I think I have seen them posted in a Geco or akkah catalog at the entry level price.. It's in great shape and are not seen often at all. I tried to land it for a freind. Thanks for posting and maybe jim can shed a little more light on it..

Rare for sure

Never seen one. I have had a couple "Kaba" Sportsbuche with sporter style stock. But first time I have seen one in what I consider trainer configuration.

From time to time these pre-DSM early variants by small makers surface in one-sy fashion.

Those sporters used this same action.

One must consider that other than the Standard Modell the service rifle pattern that these pre-DSM guns were trying to emulate was the Gewehr or 98b.

I believe this company's effort to be a competitor for the trainer market which obviously did not run long or succeed.

This is special, appears to be great condition also.

Congrats and sorry I can't be of more help than that.

Great find and congratulations!!

Good Collecting!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
kaba

Jim. this rifle ran through gunbroker at least twice with a 250.00 b.i.n. I tried to get a freind to grab it but the seller wouldnt ship to a c&r holder?? Some wont.. Not sure how D-K got it. Maybe had it shipped to local gunshop? Not a bad score..

Jim. this rifle ran through gunbroker at least twice with a 250.00 b.i.n. I tried to get a freind to grab it but the seller wouldnt ship to a c&r holder?? Some wont.. Not sure how D-K got it. Maybe had it shipped to local gunshop? Not a bad score..

I did not know it was a relist. It had just listed when I saw it and I took a risk on BIN. I have a C&R and this rifle qualifies due to its age.

kaba

weird..he had it listed under modern firearms and when things are listed under that heading I always ask. He said no and I didnt persue it any further even though I knew it was a deal. & qualified as a c&r..
I think that was the second run through..Probably because it wasnt listed correctly. Jim's never seen one and thats saying something. Contact Bob simpson for the best price when selling. If he doesnt have one thats saying something !!! You can definetly make a buck on it..

Military Rifle Journal
Back