Third Party Press

M42 combat police d.d. 44'dated liner

mauser99

This was my big Allentown purchase. Walked by it saturday morn as I was going to buy a different lid from friday. That guy had left So I had no choice but to buy this one.:facepalm:
Glad I did as I think I'd be looking for a long time to find another. Price was right I thought. So there we have a very late M42 d.d. combat police. I cant make out the maker stamp?? Any guesses??? " ? L 62 liner is a 53 and I think is probably un-issued. No signs of sweat darkening the liner anywhere. The band is dated 1944 and rb numbered. I was able to see it as I feel someone pried a bit on the liner to view it. I generally wont bother. Enjoy.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 19
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 21
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 15
Pretty damn envious right about now, I never see helmets brought in just guns and accessories, it is a beauty. GR

m42

sometimes the time to buy is when the item is right in front of you. I dont regret buying it now. I wasnt looking for one per-say. But shite luck paid off and I was able to buy a m35,m40 & 42 combat police in a months time. If I ever need to pass them along I will contact you..

Allentown,PA is a pretty good show..I have picked up a few nice items the few times I have attended..

It might be a seldom seen 'qvL' helmet. Don't know much about them, but there are several variations of the maker's stamp including I think "bvL", "q L", and a few others. Given the sloppiness of the stamp work, these may have been made with camp or otherwise less-than-willing labor possibly somewhere in Czechoslovakia very late in the war. At least that is what I've heard.

Edit: Oh, and nice lid! :thumbsup:

Helmet

Yes Virginia, there is no substitute for the real deal. Nice lid - original and undinked with.

Military Rifle Journal
Back