Third Party Press

BSW mod.625c s/n 1921xx

THunter

Just picked up my first trainer, a 625c. It looks to be unmessed with, with the exception of the stud in the sling cutout being cut off. No idea if its possible to remove & replace the stud. Looking at pictures of others 625s the stud appears to be a round headed slotted screw? Like the tiggerguard screws? I would imagine drilling out the center of the stud and then using a reverse threaded ez out would work.

Not sure if theyre replaceable to begin with, or if I can find a modern exact spec replacement, or maybe an original?

Thoughts?

Attachments

• bsw.jpg
    bsw.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 35
Shouldn't be difficult to get a pic of what the lug looked like with measurements. Can you provide a picture of the BSW trademark and model number? Check it for proofs and acceptance stamps, especially on the bottom of the butt stock edge.

more info

I had a picture of one somewhere. If you are good with a drill and an easyout it should be no big deal to extract. Its a tapered screw.. Its basicly a round headed wood screw with a step on it. A large brass one might fill the bill.. Finding a real one might be a lost cause. Send more pic's alot of these are the 625L as I call it. And are e/L police marked.

stud

A good gunsmith should be able to fab one.I've had safeties made(why are they often missing?)as well as the handguard washers.

Unfortunately I dont have the rifle in hand, Its still enroute to my doorstep with UPS. Should be here in a few hours.

Here are the auction pictures:

Im sure finding a replacement screw shouldnt be too hard.

Attachments

• trainer.jpg
    trainer.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 77-7.jpg
    77-7.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 77-6.jpg
    77-6.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 77-5.jpg
    77-5.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 77-4.jpg
    77-4.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 77-3.jpg
    77-3.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 77-2.jpg
    77-2.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Bsw

I think you'll have a hard time finding the exact screw you need.I have a BSW 625B;the stud head is oval in shape,kind of like an onion,w/ a slot for the driver.you could,of course,put any old type of screw in there but then you risk not only damaging the wood w/ a different thread pitch but also the wrath of others on the forum!Do you have a sling for the gun? If not,I would just leave it alone.Anyone else agree?

Nice rifle, TH. Welcome to the world of German rimfires. The W625 series seems to take a back seat to the DSM's & KKW's with a lot of collectors, IMHO. I think they are interesting in and of themselves because of the number of different variations.
Careful, they're kinda like potato chips - one isn't enough!

I had a picture of one somewhere. If you are good with a drill and an easyout it should be no big deal to extract. Its a tapered screw.. Its basicly a round headed wood screw with a step on it. A large brass one might fill the bill.. Finding a real one might be a lost cause. Send more pic's alot of these are the 625L as I call it. And are e/L police marked.

Check out this link to a nice thread at the WAF:
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182606&highlight=KKW

Roscoe B posted some photos of his nice W625L that might be like yours as mentioned above. Check to see that the letter after the 625 is a C or an L. Here are two photos of the stock stud that is missing.

Attachments

• bsw-c (4).JPG
    bsw-c (4).JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 24
  • bsw-c (24).JPG
    bsw-c (24).JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 18
Its definitely a 625C. Checked the stock for markings and couldn't find a single one. A little disappointed when it showed up as the front sight blade is bubba'd and the stacking rod is broken. Looks like bubba glued some sort blade in place. Kinda ticked that blade is MIA so I cant even shoot it. Good thing I didn't pay much for it. As far as the sling screw, that's missing all together. Good part is I don't have to worry about extracting it. It was definitely crusty and neglected out of the box, I have sense cleaned everything with bronze wool and kroil, making sure not to overdo it. I Also put some Howards on the stock, everything now it looks twice as better as it did out of the box.

No idea where I can find a front site blade and I wont even try looking for a stacking rod, as those are probably near impossible to find.

And can anybody explain how to disassemble the bolt? Ive been tinkering with it for a few hours and just cant seem to figure it out.

few pics out of the box:

Attachments

• img_6854.jpg
    img_6854.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 33
  • img_6855.jpg
    img_6855.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 29
  • img_6856.jpg
    img_6856.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 30
  • img_6857.jpg
    img_6857.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 26
bsw 625 c and L for review

T hunter this is the image I wanted you to see. The old BSW logo and the C and the New logo and the change to what is believed to be an L. There has been large disscussion on this topic.

Attachments

• Picture%20641.jpg
    Picture%20641.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 32
T hunter this is the image I wanted you to see. The old BSW logo and the C and the New logo and the change to what is believed to be an L. There has been large disscussion on this topic.

Thanks! Ive read your thread and a few others before I bought it to see what I was looking at & what to look for. Nice rifles!

I still haven't figured out to disassemble the bolt, anybody have tips?

Whats the appoximate value/going rate for these?

200-700 depending on condition and markings.. you'res has no finish and a replaced incorrect front site. I would say it might bring 300-350..as it has a decnt stock and it could be used for a resto.

Military Rifle Journal
Back