Third Party Press

ZF 41 ar 43 question from a new guy

GetFuzzy2

I've been collecting k98's for about ten years or so and have a grasp on your standered run of the mill k98. The problem is, that I never invested much time into learn the correct set-up of the ZF41 model since I never thought I'd find one I could buy. Well that day has come and I'm out on the limn knowledge wise. The rifle in question is an ar 43 all matching, it has a Busch scope which is stamped scripted on it, but the SN# dose not match the mount, and the mount SN# dose not match the rifle. So is this correct? I know ar's where made ZF41 k98's and thats where my knowledge ends.

Any help would be great thanks.

Safe Travels

Safe Tour

Last edited:
the earlier zf41 had matched scope mounts and cans. Yours sounds like most, the scope is a mismatch as the origianl was discarded somewhere along the line.. Later zfs had unmraked scope mounts. I think the ar43 likley did but I am yet a novice. Do you have pics? Luc here on the board is the go to guy for zf's maybe he will chime in.
The sn on the scope would never match.

I've been collecting k98's for about ten years or so and have a grasp on your standered run of the mill k98. The problem is, that I never invested much time into learn the correct set-up of the ZF41 model since I never thought I'd find one I could buy. Well that day has come and I'm out on the limn knowledge wise. The rifle in question is an ar 43 all matching, it has a Busch scope which is stamped scripted on it, but the SN# dose not match the mount, and the mount SN# dose not match the rifle. So is this correct? I know ar's where made ZF41 k98's and thats where my knowledge ends.

Any help would be great thanks.

Safe Travels

Safe Tour

it is pretty uncommon to find a zf41 with matching scope mount. yes busch (script) was a maker of zf41 scopes

Thanks guys, with your insight and a little research on my end, I'm confident that the ZF41 is the real thing. Now the rub, what is a honest price for a nice matching ZF41 ar 43 with about 80% bluing?

Thanks again gents

Safe Travels

Safe Tour

Fuzzy, a Zf.41 from the factory will have a matching mount and the rings will bear the last two digits electro-pencilled on the tops. Many times this is hard to see. An ar will have the mount pantograph engrached to match the rifle. Finding a completely matched Zf.41 is tough. They are certainly quite scarce, if not rare. Here is a matching ar 43 for comparison in our Picture Reference thread. This is always a good place to start:
http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?45-Picture-Reference-Index

Matching ar 43 Zf.41:
http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?405-ar-43-Zf.41

Thanks Ham, but I'm a little slow on the uptake, when you say the scope mount should match, do you mean the mount and rings should match? Or everything should match, i.e. the mount, rings and k98? Neat info in-regards to the numbers on top of the rings. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Safe Travels

Safe Tour

The mount and the rings are the same thing in this case. The base is on the rifle and will be un marked. The mount/rings would be numbered to the rifle on early guns. The number is marked on side of the mount and the "rings" on the mount will also be marked. If it is not mathcing to the rifle I wouldn;t worry too much if it is its a big plus.

Military Rifle Journal
Back