Third Party Press

Is there anyone who works on ZF41 scopes?

Marcus

Parolee Pootie Mouth
I have a dow ZF40 41/1 scope that looks like the inside of the rear lens is smeared with some kind of thick oily, slightly greenish color, substance like cosmoline. Looking though the rear of the scope it is very dark and nothing can be seen. Looking through the front at a bright light source, the 3 post reticle can be seen, so I know it's there and intact.

I have the byf 44 ZF41 rifle this scope goes with up for sale here:

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread...n-project-quot-Mauser-byf-44-ZF41-K98k-sniper

and I'm thinking it might make the rifle easier to sell if the scope was usable.

Is there anyone reliable and reasonably affordable who can work on these scopes? This one probably needs disassembly and a good cleaning at the very least.

Or would it be cheaper and easier to just look for another scope? (I have no idea where to find a real one or what it would go for)

Attachments

• DSCN5693.jpg
    DSCN5693.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN5694.jpg
    DSCN5694.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN5695.jpg
    DSCN5695.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN5697.jpg
    DSCN5697.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I have a dow ZF40 41/1 scope that looks like the inside of the rear lens is smeared with some kind of thick oily, slightly greenish color, substance like cosmoline. Looking though the rear of the scope it is very dark and nothing can be seen. Looking through the front at a bright light source, the 3 post reticle can be seen, so I know it's there and intact.

I have the byf 44 ZF41 rifle this scope goes with up for sale, and I'm thinking it might make the rifle easier to sell if the scope was usable.

Is there anyone reliable and reasonably affordable who can work on these scopes? This one probably needs disassembly and a good cleaning at the very least.

Or would it be cheaper and easier to just look for another scope? (I have no idea where to find a real one or what it would go for)

Don at this email. In California as well. (optikhaus@yahoo.com)

Military Rifle Journal
Back