Third Party Press

Non linear production (Is it in the book?)

Bob in OHIO

Bruce/Mike... I have the book and have read selected pages as time allows. I remember Bruce hinted (months ago) about writing in the book about nonlinear production by serial and wonder if that was included.

I realize that some sn'd guns were delayed in being finalized, but is there more info on the non linear production? Even with the MO KKW with just 5000 guns there isn't linear production. Were there teams w/ in factories who (perhaps) were given a sub group of guns to work on while another "team" of workers were given another groups of guns to work on?

Any elaboration or insight or reference to a page number would be good... thx.

It's referenced in the MO section, but can't recall where. I think it points out that byf44 L block production was through Nov 1944-Jan 1945.

Most of the guns were built in some semblance of order, but there are always examples which don't look similar to guns that are close in serial, and show much later construction techniques. The L block was a huge run, 90,000 some odd receivers serial numbered.

Non-linear production note

Hey Bob - check the large footnote on page 64. I go into detail with 2 examples from the 'l' block to
breakdown this assumption and attempt to describe it.

Military Rifle Journal
Back