PDA

View Full Version : 1918 semi turret gew98

mauser99
09-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Before I forget again I wanted to get these posted. This is a very rare from what i'm told semi-turret ? Its called something else in the sniper book. Cant remember what. Took these at the allentown show.. Enjoy.

ditch68
09-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Before I forget again I wanted to get these posted. This is a very rare from what i'm told semi-turret ? Its called something else in the sniper book. Cant remember what. Took these at the allentown show.. Enjoy.

Wow.

I have never seen one in the flesh. Lucky you. I don't even collect WWI, and I am amazed.

So, why didn't you buy it? (Oh, wait, I know why) :laugh:

Jeff

mauser99
09-27-2011, 01:12 PM
that among other reasons...the guy wants too much for it I.M.H.O. and wont budge in price. He was told what it could be worth with optics. So we were at a standstill.. I was nice enough to swap out the straight bolt that was in it for a bent one.. "nice guy right" ?? My buddy might have the scope for it and we might bring it to the next show. Maybe he will buy it? The rifle was filthy and the stock had some sort of finish applied to it. Go figure ?? But its an un-touched surviver. As rare as a single claw bnz..if not more. As I have seen multiples of those and only one of these.. Less the one in the book..

vaughn99
09-27-2011, 11:00 PM
I have only hear of semi turret or Goerz Turret snipers?? like to hear of any others.

later
vaughn

Dave Roberts
09-28-2011, 12:02 AM
Also Known as The Goerz Sniper but most Know it as Semi Turret .
Actually this is one of the Easiest WWI Snipers to come by if You are
wanting to add one to Your Collection .Best Regards