PDA

View Full Version : Ww1 gewehr 98 sniper carrying case

Mr Haney
09-28-2011, 02:20 PM
I was lucky in finding a origiano WW1 Gewehr 98 sniper carrying case.Its in nice shape for its age. The top is marked
R. FUESS BERLIN- STEGLITZ GEWEHR N0__7460
Also it came with the cleaning brush and the ajustment key, And it is made out of brass, all the ones i have seen were made out of steel.
Anyone have the sniper rifle with the serial number 7460???
Its found a home with my gew 98 sniper rifle
Bob

Valleysniper
09-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Hi Bob

Nice find especially with windage adjustment key and brush.

The case would look much better if was mated with correct model scope even if the numbers don't match. Unfortunatly didn't get case with mine (pics) attached:thumbsup:

Mr Haney
09-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Hi
Yep i am very happy to find it. I know its not matching to my scope but they did reissue them. I missed out on one on E_Bay a few weeks ago . I think it sold for around $155.00!! ouch!!

You scope is very nice and some what hard to find. Being painted green it must be a late issue. If i find a correct case for mine or you do i would trade with you.As long as it is the same shape as the one i just bought. Have you seen a brass ajustment key like it??
Regards
Bob

Valleysniper
09-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Hi Bob

I have seen that type of Brass windage adjusting key with R Fuess 3x scopes/cases in other collections, I would guess also issued with R Fuess 5x scope as well.

Anyone out there have in collection or got pictures of an R Fuess 3x with rubber? eyepiece still present with a retaining clamp as per my scope pics above? I Have seen pics from 2 other collectors with 3x & 5 x scopes with clamp still present but nothing else. Underneath eyepiece clamp ring on mine looks like remains of petrified rubber so maybe none or very few have survived.

Mr Haney
09-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Hi Thanks for telling about the brass ajustment key. It nice to know that it is correct for the Fuess scope.
I have seen only a few scopes with the original rubber eye cup. None on the type of scope that you have. I would like to find one for my scope to!!
Regards
Bob