Third Party Press

Need Help with ZF41 Scope

Hey ya'll,

So I just picked up an all matching 1944 BYF K98 ZF41. It did not have the scope or the mount but it has the base. I know there were 3 different types of ZF41 scopes, so which one would be correct. The rifle is a C block. Someone also told me by this block, they stopped numbering the scope to the rifle. Any tell tale signs that the mount or scope are fakes either when I'm searching and what kind of price to expect? Thanks.

In the c block of 1944 Mauser was still numbering the scope mounts. So your rifle originally had a mount with it's serial number. If you post detailed pictures of the mount we can tell you if it is original or not.

For some reason I see scope mounts for sale by themselves but almost never find scopes. But this has been my luck. So likely what you want to find is a nice Mauser numbered scope mount with it's original scope already in place. This can be found for around $1,000 and more. You will see a mixture of early ZF40 scopes re-marked ZF41/1 and ZF41* or later Type II and Type III scopes. ZF41 scopes are a little complicated. But just know that about any scope that is not Type I or marked ZF40/ZF40* will work. Good luck!

Military Rifle Journal
Back