Third Party Press

'337' VZ24 front band?

Hello,

seen this before they wrote it wrong i THINK its some type of armours band and it has the Lion E-37 proof. i have pics of one, on the CPU, i'll keep looking and hopefully post it later.

later
vaughn

Last edited:
I will post pictures of it when I receive it. I was the winner. Thats why I was posting on this board trying to get more information on markings.

Never seen that type of numbering on right side of a front band. But that just means that I haven't seen it. I think just a coincidence that it is the same number as the earlier Gustloff code. Certainly is a German modified vz24 and even with the stock being sanded a screaming deal at $177! The band seems correct for the rifle as it is numbered on the left side and it is also a relatively early vz24 (1927) so it could be original Czech numbering. I'm not sure when the numbering was stopped on the original configuration.

Thank you Sir. Rifle just arrived. That is what is stamped on the band on the right side,337. Looks like it is all matched. Will post PIC's later when I have cleaned it up. I think this is going to be a great rifle. Ed

ok sorry for delay took freaking for ever to find so i hope you enjoy LOL. for a short time there i thought i was going crazy. was from a gunbroker auciton like i thought, was on a VZ-24.

later
vaughn

Attachments

• pix573164601.jpg
    pix573164601.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
any ideas anyone?? many looking forward to this pic but no replys did i miss somthing??

later
vaughn

Military Rifle Journal
Back