Third Party Press

MG 15 info needed

Luft1

Just picked up a super original MG 15 with complete ground kit and AA tripod at Knob Creek. Got several really nice 75 round drums but have a problem with one. The dummy cartridge guides appear to have somehow worked their way so that they are "above" live rounds in the drum, blocking the ability to remove the live rounds. Don't know how that happened and probably couldn't recreate the situation if I tried. Anyone familiar enough with the MG 15 to suggest a solution? thanks

You have to take out the eight or ten screws holding the front of the mag on, then lift and pull forward the take down clip on top.
The front of the mag will pop off - you can remove all the live rounds, and re-set the dummies.
Then reattach in the reverse order.
When you load, make sure the dummy rounds are seated left to right, and not stacked on top of each other or you will have the same experience.
I have loaded 20 rounds at a time without the loader - but life is easier when you use a loader, but, the MG15 is still often a little picky with mags and loads.

Hope this help - I am sure you found someone to do this for you already.

Last edited:
Thanks, you are correct. I figured this out earlier but it was a challenge for a while!

Military Rifle Journal
Back