PDA

View Full Version : Back original

S/42
10-20-2011, 12:49 AM
Today was clean, inspect, re-oil day today, seeing it has been quite humid and wet here lately. I generally do it every 3 months (use FP10 oil lately to re-oil, as the stuff lasts foreever).

Checked over the repaired kriegs modell stock original to my HT sniper, and decided it had "settled" and contracted again enough to go back on the rifle (that was sporting a gorgeous late-44 non-KM stock in the interim).

It's nice to have it all back original again, and the wood looks a million times better than when I first repaired it all those months back - fully settled down, oxidised again/patinated somewhat.

I'll do some photos one of these days.

She was on the market recently as I needed to raise some money, but have decided there are other ways :biggrin1: How many KM snipers fall into your lap after all (DON'T answer that one Dave!)

Dave Roberts
10-20-2011, 01:36 AM
OK Vulch , I will keep that answer to Myself . Because If I answered it and actually
answered it truthfully most would not believe me and probably call me a liar . Best Regards :biggrin1:

ditch68
10-20-2011, 08:30 PM
I honestly think the late ones turn up more here. The war ground snipers and thier rifles up at a steady pace, and the later they were, the better chance statistically they had a better chance of survival.

Jeff