Third Party Press

byf44 HT sniper rifle

Amberg

Well, I only have two WWII "sniper" rifles in my collection.
A duv42 ZF41 and this one.
I was in the impression that I showed it earlier, but can't find it.
Hope you like what you see.
Thanks
Wolfgang

Attachments

• byf44_1.JPG
    byf44_1.JPG
    211.9 KB · Views: 134
  • byf44-2.JPG
    byf44-2.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC04690.jpg
    DSC04690.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC04704.JPG
    DSC04704.JPG
    229.6 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC04692.jpg
    DSC04692.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC04694.jpg
    DSC04694.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC04695.jpg
    DSC04695.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC04696.jpg
    DSC04696.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC04697.jpg
    DSC04697.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC04700.jpg
    DSC04700.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC04701.jpg
    DSC04701.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC04707_2.jpg
    DSC04707_2.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Looks like it could be a nice Turret. What type of scope do you put on it? Also, what type proof does it have on the receiver tang? Thanks for posting it.

What type of scope do you put on it? Also, what type proof does it have on the receiver tang?

I do not put any scope on it, since I decided to keep everything in "as found" condition. That is why the rear band is still upside down.
Concerning the receiver tang proof, I'll have a look and post some shots.
Thanks
Wolfgang

Looks like that one saw some use.

It was found by "our" crazy duchess.
She had collected this gun and some more rifles, SMGs, MGs ...... near her castle in mid/late 1945.
Some years ago she was hospitalized and her never ever registered gun collection was confiscated. My local gun dealer got everything, including a beautiful MP44.
I got that byf turret sniper from him.
Thanks

found some more old shots.

Attachments

• IMG_3669.jpg
    IMG_3669.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3671.JPG
    IMG_3671.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3675.jpg
    IMG_3675.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3673.JPG
    IMG_3673.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3668.jpg
    IMG_3668.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 66
Wolfgang , I remember that You had Posted this Turret when You had first bought it . We discussed it at that time . My recollection is that the Rifle itself was Correct but that there was concern with the Bolt . If I recall the time period of Your first posting it , it was before Mike and Bruce had released KRIEGSMODELL BOOK !!!! . Best Regards

Bolt definitely suspicious. No clipped safety? Can you post a picture of the underside of the bolt handle when you get a chance. Thanks

Wolfgang , I remember that You had Posted this Turret when You had first bought it . We discussed it at that time . My recollection is that the Rifle itself was Correct but that there was concern with the Bolt . If I recall the time period of Your first posting it , it was before Mike and Bruce had released KRIEGSMODELL BOOK !!!! . Best Regards

I remember that we discussed the rifle/bolt back then, but since I can not find it here, it either was at GB forums or via eMail!?
Doesn't matter anyway.
I'd like to know about the bolt, and with that, if my local gun dealer told me BS that this rifle came from our crazy duchess. The find of her "collection" was in our local newspapers. There is no doubt about that. But maybe my gun dealer threw in some other guns?
Your thoughts concerning the bolt please.
I'll take some more photos asap.
Thanks
Wolfgang

Safety

Hello.
It would be also interesting to have more pictures of the safety.
When you get time of course
Regards

QUOTE=Amberg;249432]I remember that we discussed the rifle/bolt back then, but since I can not find it here, it either was at GB forums or via eMail!?
Doesn't matter anyway.
I'd like to know about the bolt, and with that, if my local gun dealer told me BS that this rifle came from our crazy duchess. The find of her "collection" was in our local newspapers. There is no doubt about that. But maybe my gun dealer threw in some other guns?
Your thoughts concerning the bolt please.
I'll take some more photos asap.
Thanks
Wolfgang[/QUOTE]

I'll take some more photos showing the rifle/bolt more detailed asap.

Buttplate is smooth.

Thanks
Wolfgang

Unfortunately the entire bolt appears renumbered imho. The fonts are wrong, as is the local milling/finish work at the numbered areas.

I guess this is another good example for: buy the rifle, not the story! ;-)
Luckily I did not pay much for it, so there is nothing I can complaint about.
I'll keep it as a bolt m/m.
Thanks
Wolfgang

If I recall the price , Yes You got a VERY VERY Good Deal . I have seen period pics and have some that show regular type safety by this I mean not Milled Down . The thing that is impossible to know from said Period Sniper pics is if it shows a HT or LT . I would suspect that it would be more likely for the LT to have a regular safety as apposed to the HT . Best Regards

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back