PDA

View Full Version : SSR value

agentcq
10-22-2011, 02:42 PM
Have a chance to purchase a CE SSR rifle.

Sadly it is import marked and mm but it still has the original sniper base on the reciever but is missing the top part of the scope mount and scope.

Price $1500

About 70%+ condition.

Seems like quite a bit for a mm and import marked rifles, but potentially a sniper project in a price range I can afford.

Cheers

ditch68
10-22-2011, 05:57 PM
So hard to say if it ever was a real SSR, unfortunately.

If you go into it assuming it had the base added post 1945 and price it at the sum of the parts, you will be OK. Otherwise, I think you will be behind. If the rifle part is nice, and the base is an original, well, maybe. If the mount job was done well...and on and on.

I think that will be a call only you an make. I don't recall seeing any import marked original SSR snipers. So few at all, really.

Jeff

Dave Roberts
10-23-2011, 12:43 AM
You say a CE SSR what Year and can You get a Pic of Area of Base . Best Regards

agentcq
10-23-2011, 01:09 PM
All I have is one pic (from a distance) which is typical of his sight but is nevertheless a useless picture for evaluation. He is closed on the weekends and I am going to request more detailed pictures on Monday. I am also curious about how mm it is; just the bolt? Or a total mm rifle?

It is a CE 42. I have bought from this dealer before and his kit in the past has been solid and usually he slightly under evaluates his product.