Third Party Press

Questions about two german scopes

Mr Haney

I have a few questions I would like to ask about two German scopes.
1 Voigtlander braunschweig
meter 1-10
Side of the tube is marked Kar 98 5197 d suffix
The tube is marked Skopar b Voigtlander Braunschweig No# 148470 Has double claw monts

The other scope is
Pecar Kohler berlin
6x59
meter dial is 1-4
Serial No# 1273

Tube is marked 4971

The first one I am not sure of , But maybe the second scope is for a early short side rail? The serial number would fall in line for that period For police or SS issue??
Most of the Pecars were 4x Some 6x power??
Thanks
Bob

Hello,

on the pecar's on the early prewar scopes they are marked P.Kohler Berlin these are spotted on the police rifles you mention. they made 4x42, 4x81, 6x59, and 2 1/2x64. about the 2500 + serial they dropped the P. Kohler Berlin logo on rear ocular and moved it the ADJ elevation tower. then post war moved back to the rear ocular but now marked Percar Berlin.

voigtlander my highest is serial 44,000 serial range with WWI serials in the 26,000-30,000 serial range. none are Skopar B's all just have the 3x power marking and all markings but Gew number on tube on top behind elevation tower are on the rear ocular. serial 31,000 in my database is a 3x all commercial no military markings but does have the WWI #1 reticule (3 bars with point center patented in 1903 roughly) before it was changed to the updated new #1 Reticule (2 side bars with point center)

later

Last edited:
Question on two german early scopes

Hi Vaughn,
I thought you would be of help thank you/
best regards
Bob

weimar period sniper scope?

Hi Vaughn,
Could the Voigtlander be a post war Military or police sniper scope?? The dial looks right
The rings are renumbered on the bottom. In the Book Sniper Variations of the german K98K Rifle. By Richard Law on page 5 shows the same type of scope. I know about the put together rifles in there. But??
Regards
Bob

If you could some pics would be great of both (voigtlander, pecar) if you didn't mind. i like to see how they are stamped etc. what reticules are present?

later
vaughn

Military Rifle Journal
Back