Third Party Press

byf 44 Kriegs, Correct?

sherbs

Two byf 44's one is a Kriegs model serial # 73xxx L block the other is a 79xxx L block Semi Kriegs. All parts and stocks are correct. As I read the book it is possible for both to be correct. What is your take? Or did the guns get switched into the wrong stocks as the stocks are not numbered?

To add, I pulled out a laminated stock to compare, this stock falls between semi and full Kriegs. The stock has no bolt takedown disc and has the takedown hole in the buttplate, the stock has a bayonet lug with a band spring slot but no rod nut and has never been drilled for a rod. No numbers in the channel and no stamps on the outside as it has been lightly sanded. What would you call this stock?

Your stock in the second post sounds like a post war Czech, which has those features...many times they are used to restore sporters...the tell tale sign is the bayo lug, but no cleaning rod hole...

IIRC...

Your stock in the second post sounds like a post war Czech, which has those features...many times they are used to restore sporters...the tell tale sign is the bayo lug, but no cleaning rod hole...

IIRC...[/QUO
Thanks, I never thought of it being a post war stock, but that makes sense.

I agree with pzjgr- stock should have Wa135 and cleaning rod provision.

This is a stock with hardware only, no action with it. I purchased it to have a stock in case I needed one to restore a sporter. The stock has no outside marks of any kind and the metal is free from Wa's also. So I guess I need to find a Czech action for it!

Military Rifle Journal
Back