Third Party Press

Cleaning ww11 german 8 mm ammo???

MrHaney

HI
I found some original WW1 German 8mm ammo dated 1915, 1916 and 1917. And one round is a wood bullet.
I would like to clean the brass. Or should I leave it as is?? I thought using my brass vibra shine to clean it up some
Any thoughts??
Regards
Bob

Cleaning ww1 german ammo??

HI Bill,
Thanks that what I will do then.
The rounds were made by DWM. The primer ring is blue?? And they are stamped DM and DWM. 10 15 S67 DM or DWM .
One round is stamped 12 17 SE 1E Has four lines in it.
And one is stamped 1 16 H S67 Has a blue wooden bullet.
Thanks
Bob

Cleaning ww1 german ammo??

HI
Thats a new one to me. I will try it on some old WW11 ammo to see how it turns out.
THanks
Bob

i collect military equipment from german army in ww2 and some things wo was digged out so i know some restauration tips ;)

if you have some questions ask me ;)

many greetings,
Kevin

Cleaning military item

Hi Kein. I collect German snipers WW1 and WW11 .German WW11 pistols and the 1957 issue German medals.
Any thoughts in cleaning old leather , removing rust or dirty ammo would be of a big help.
Best Regards
Bob[

Attachments

• My WWI sniper 001.jpg
    My WWI sniper 001.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 21
sure ;)

is the leather hard and broken ore only old and dirty? :D
i use Saddle SOAP http://www.getprice.com.au/Saddle-Soap-400g-Gpnc_424--40429645.htm like this here ;)

wet Sponge trowel and rub in the saddle SOAP than rub on the leather and wait a few minutes now use a wet piece of cloth to clean leather and oil it i use on brown leather sunflower oil and on black leather ballistol
dont use ballistol on brown leather it will be dark ;)

many greetings,
Kevin

sorry my englisch isn´t very well

Military Rifle Journal
Back