PDA

View Full Version : Army Driver Soldbuch, Great Weapons Entries...

pzjgr
11-20-2011, 12:28 PM
A couple of weekends ago I was at a great little local show...I picked up two new Soldbuchs for the collection...one of an Army driver Obergefreiter, the other a real warhorse Luft Flak guy...

Here is the Drivers Soldbuch...I haven't had a real chance to go through it completely, but the weapon pages are AWESOME in my opinion....whoever recorded the info in red ink was very anal, included the maker and year of the rifles and bayonet as well as the serial...start looking through your rifles, see if anyone has ta rifle issued to Adolf....

pzjgr
11-20-2011, 12:30 PM
And some more....

Looks like he was issued ax 41 no. 5959 e and bnz 43 no. 8708

Also note it was entered that he received an ammo issue...something I don't think I have seen before....

Peter U
11-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Nice infantry Soldbuch Pzjgr!!
:thumbsup:

Did he get any medals or badges?
He first served with several infantry regiments and was then transferred to non-combat units so I presume that he was wounded or had an accident which made him unfit for service in a frontline unit.

Cheers,
Peter

pzjgr
03-10-2016, 02:49 PM
I am still curious as to how common it was to list the manufacturers code in the weapons section of the Soldbuch...most of the times it seems to me just to have a serial no.....

Peter U
03-10-2016, 03:25 PM
I am still curious as to how common it was to list the manufacturers code in the weapons section of the Soldbuch...most of the times it seems to me just to have a serial no.....

Not really common, but also not extremely rare.

Hambone
03-10-2016, 03:38 PM

That's the page I go to in SBs, so because I look hard for it in all of them, I don't find it rare, scarce, or even unusual, but not commonplace either, just as Peter said. Quite cool to have it.

Peter U
03-10-2016, 03:55 PM
As a side note, the most detailed weapon entries in the Soldbucher in my collection are in the once that are actually the dullest, that is, they are in Soldbucher of soldiers that weren't in first class active combat units but instead served in logistical units, guard units, atlantik wall sevice,....etc.