Third Party Press

my favorite find

yellowkid

well since i was over posting pics of that stock and had the camera out i decided to share pics of my favorite find -- im pretty bad at sharing so i thought id try and turn over a new leaf. this is my all time fav for all the obvious reasons -- i collect kreigsmodells and this is a good one if u like late war stuff! i found it a couple years back sitting on a table at a local area garage sale of all things. it was in a nice old soft case that i think it had resided in for a long time. ive left it just as i found it -- even with some storage rust etc. the sling is original to it and just as found. have not turned a screw on it or run a patch thru it cause as they say its only original once. couple interesting things -- its relatively late for a zf41. its got a sauer bolt -- nicely blued ansd finished with early features like oval holes and a guide rib. and its marked with a large script "L", E/37 and star under the root. also has the milled FP u occasionally see on some late MO guns. best part tho is its completely untouched and i plan to keep it that way!

Attachments

• IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 794
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 655
  • IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 748
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 894
  • IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 732
  • IMG_0154.jpg
    IMG_0154.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_0155.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 557
Wow, beautiful rifle. No reason to clean that pup and no way to improve it. YK, when you come out and share you outdo yourself ;) Pic stickied for ref.

Bolt is an armorers part, used in production. Very nice! I've seen it before- I'd say one of the best (if not the best) byf45 ZF41 guns out there....garage sale.....l love it.

Mike et al thx for the comments! This is about as nice - and fortunate - as I've managed in this hobby. Point is really that we all deserve a stroke of good luck like this! If a kriegsmodell collector can happen upon this well then who knows. And the stuff is out there. Jp

That's great. I love that rifle, impossible to upgrade. If I have one Zf.41, I'd like it to be like that. Never did much for me, though.

Besides, I used up all my luck this year.

Jeff

Great late one

SUPER WOOD. Untouched. Take some more pics of that bolt...very interesting:happy0180: Great find.

a few more pics and will get some of the bolt. it does look odd to see such a well finished bolt in a late gun.

Attachments

• IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 195
heres some shots of the bolt -- sorry the close-up of the root didnt come out to good. as i said its got a script "L", E/37 and the star or asterisk -- same as the bottom of the "C" stocks so this is an internal MO inspection for sub-contracted parts or something? also the safety is E/18, the pin retainer 140 and the extractor collar 214. as for the sling, well, thats exactly how i found it and fromt he wear exactly as its been for a long time -- i suspect its been that way since it came home so im leaving it that way! may be that the GI just slipped it on that way, or that was how he found it.

Attachments

• IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 151
heres some shots of the bolt -- sorry the close-up of the root didnt come out to good. as i said its got a script "L", E/37 and the star or asterisk -- same as the bottom of the "C" stocks so this is an internal MO inspection for sub-contracted parts or something? also the safety is E/18, the pin retainer 140 and the extractor collar 214. as for the sling, well, thats exactly how i found it and fromt he wear exactly as its been for a long time -- i suspect its been that way since it came home so im leaving it that way! may be that the GI just slipped it on that way, or that was how he found it.

I have a bnz4 hand stamp with that same bolt. Just another armorers part thrown in the mix, but just makes it that much cooler!

Man is that one crispy, sling and all!!!

I have one with an odd sling as well. I left it the way I found it..

Last edited:
more bolt

I have a bnz4 hand stamp with that same bolt. Just another armorers part thrown in the mix, but just makes it that much cooler!

Agreed...the bolt is what makes this one cool. I think you could shave with that sling cut-out. Get some better bolt pics.:thumbsup:

Very nice rifle. I find it interesting that probably 7 or 8 years ago I posted my BYF 45 Zf41 (on another forum) and was told immediately that it/they were not made in 1945. But now years later, additional postings, and several books, and low an behold - they do exist!! I am sure glad I decided not to sell it based on the "it's a fake" comments. Again, nice rifle - Skid

This should be in the Sniper Section . Very Nice ZF41 this is without a doubt the BEST Walnut Stock ZF41 I have ever seen . It would be a Perfect mate for my Laminate Stock ZF41 . But I think that is highly unlikely .
Best Regards on a Great Rifle .

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What a great example of a late war rifle. Wish I would stumble across something like that at a garage sale!

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back