Third Party Press

Order of the German Cross

Hi guys I new around here and just starting out on trying to build a collection.

My father had a beautiful 98K but sold it long ago, and I just bought my first DOU45 last week and still waiting for it to arrive.

Im really sorry to be long winded, but I have a friend of mine that wants to sell me a Order of the German Cross. I have looked it over and see no markings on it at all. I am trying to figure out a price to offer.

Can you guys help me out?

thanks

Q

Attachments

• IMAG0483.jpg
    IMAG0483.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 27
Looks like a German Cross in Gold in nice condition! You may wish to consult the medal wizzes over at wehrmacht-awards.com forums for more detail, but from what I've seen, these go for $2000+. There were a couple of makers who made these, but not all are marked. Are there weld-marks on the obverse? Ones without these construction shortcuts are more desirable.

g.c.

these are a mine field. Be sure you do alot of homework before you lay down a dime for it.. A freind deal aside unless it was a direct vet purchase I would tend to pass. These are heavily faked. And Soval a wartime maker made these post war. These were unpopular with the troops for their size and weight and guady design. Hitler's fried egg They were dubbed.. A piss poor second to a knights cross.. Buy another k98. My 2 cents

Military Rifle Journal
Back