Third Party Press

SVT40 In German Hands

agentcq

I have seen some of these pics before, but neat to see how the Germans and especially the SS adapted the use of the SVT40 and even had an official German Designation.

Attachments

• svt-40-4.jpg
    svt-40-4.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 160
  • svt-40-3.jpg
    svt-40-3.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 174
  • svt-40-2.jpg
    svt-40-2.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 177
  • svt-40-1.jpg
    svt-40-1.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 165
Tks for posting those. Note the Svt in pic 3 has it's compensator broken off.

Tks for posting those. Note the Svt in pic 3 has it's compensator broken off.

Sure that's not just the later two port muzzle compensator? I think I have seen that pic's location given as Stalingrad in the past, and I think the cheaper compensators were introduced in 42...

Here is a cool pic I came across recently. German snipers with a scoped SVT40 and what I assume are Soviet camo smocks. I wish I could find an untagged copy.

Attachments

• sniper.jpg
    sniper.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 148
It may be too that the pic is just cut off :facepalm: That larger slot compensator was for the AVT I believe. Those Germans are wearing zeltbahn poncho style. Soviet camo suits of that period look very different, an "amoeba" pattern.

Ohh....the snipers in this pic. Multiple G43's, K98 Snipers and one Russian 91/30.

Obviously a propaganda photo taken in France?

Attachments

• rsajakb21msg.jpg
    rsajakb21msg.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 125
svt 40 in Danish hands

Danish Freikorps Danemark waffen ss,,Easternfront 1942,,notice the skull think ist a cool pic

Attachments

• Frikorps DK 2 001.jpg
    Frikorps DK 2 001.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 124
G98m

I have seen some of these pics before, but neat to see how the Germans and especially the SS adapted the use of the SVT40 and even had an official German Designation.
In pic 4 It looks like the rifles in back are G98m's, they have the wider rear band .

an other pic svt40 scope rifle

an other picture of a scope SVT40 probably in german hands...

Attachments

• SVT40 photo 001.jpg
    SVT40 photo 001.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 88
Danish Freikorps Danemark waffen ss,,Easternfront 1942,,notice the skull think ist a cool pic

That's a photo that just screams for a caption...

Pic #4 is always attributed to Normandy 1944, but I've never heard why.

Pat

Military Rifle Journal
Back