Third Party Press

Daggers

Southwest

I have 2 Daggers that have been in the bottom of a box for a very long time. They appeared again while looking for Christmas stuff. I have no interest at all in them.
I posted them on a forum to try to find out something about them. Finally, even though I really don't like "what is it worth" posts, I asked the question. I received a couple of "low ball" offers. Does anyone know of a dealer or a knowledgeable person that could help me put some kind of value on them? I did get some good information from the forum. The link to the thread is below.

Regards, Al

http://forum.germandaggers.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=255883#Post255883

Really key to daggers like this (or anything in our collecting realm, for that matter) is condition. Yours look in decent shape, but some better pictures in natural light would be helpful. I've seen SA daggers go for between $400-900 at auction, depending on condition and manufacturer/date. The SS daggers are naturally worth more to collectors, but someone else will have to give you a figure on that one, as I haven't followed those.

Duece daggers

The two dggers you have are inlisted man's nskk & ss. The difference between an s/a and nskk is the nskk has a black scabbard. They tend to sell a bit better than the standard s/a but really dont have any more value. They sell in the same range. The ss dagger is a 1500.00-2k As a round number. There was just one one gunboards for sale for 2k and it had no takers. The scabbard is dented and I really cant see any more condition issues than that. Collectors want mint stuff cause thats whats sells. I'd say a reasonable selling price for the pair would be in the 2-2.5k. I'd need to see more to be more specific...

I just read the post on dagger's .com. I must say they seem spot on. As far as offers they are offers. Take them with a grain of salt. One really needs to see what they are selling for more so than what dealers have on them on their web-sites. Some of that stuff sits there for years.
I kinda based my guesstemit on what they "sell" for..Neith dagger is perfect.

Last edited:
Thanks for your thoughts on the subject. I probably will put them in the Trader after the first of the year. Hopefully I can get 2k value for the pair in cash or trade.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Regards, Al

Condition is everything when it comes to the dress type daggers. Blade condition is the key. Unless it is a rare maker for either, I don't think you are looking ar 2k for the pair. You need to take better pics without the flash in order to gain a true evaluation. Ron

Military Rifle Journal
Back