Third Party Press

Feldpost Nr. research

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
Last edited:
There is a multi-volume FPN book, forget the name, I think it's on disc now. One of us should get it. Farb, contact Peter U, he can find it.

There is a multi-volume FPN book, forget the name, I think it's on disc now. One of us should get it. Farb, contact Peter U, he can find it.

If such a Feldpost book exists, I would also be interested in acquiring a copy assuming it is not too cost prohibitive. Please share what you guys find out.

Hello mrfarb,

The information you found on that website is correct, that is the Fp number of the logistics company of Panzer Regiment 2.
That this NCO was with this unit in 1943/44 doesn't automaticly mean that he was still with the same unit in May 1945; if he for example got wounded on the Eastern front he could after he recovery been transfered to a non-combat unit that was actif in Germany, there are so many possibilities that one can only guess.

Cheers,
Peter

Hello,

This are the details of the famous FP number reference book:

Kannapin, Norbert. Die Deutsche Feldpostübersicht 1939 - 1945; 3 Bände; Osnabrück: Biblio Verlag, 1980-82). ISBN: 3-7648-1183-8

The three volumes will certainly cost you upwards from 200€, and that is if you can find a copy.
Similar information can be found on CD-Rom, they are less expensive.

Cheers,
Peter

Military Rifle Journal
Back