Third Party Press

Mauser FB Random 1930 Opnions?

bjarne

Hi,What can you guys tell from these pictures is it rare?,price mayby?
Thanks Happy new year

Attachments

• k1.jpg
    k1.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 47
  • k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 47
  • k3.jpg
    k3.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 45
  • k4.jpg
    k4.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 42
  • k5.jpg
    k5.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 46
  • k6.jpg
    k6.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 48
  • k7.jpg
    k7.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 44
  • k8.jpg
    k8.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 66
  • k10.jpg
    k10.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 51
  • k12.jpg
    k12.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Not the best pictures to judge whether it is worth throwing money at it.. but Polish rifles, original ones, are worth good money. Primarily because there are so few out there lose. Besides a few articles in collector newsletters, the MRJ had a couple over the years, resource material is miniscule in English. You might go over to Gunboards Mauser side, and see if you can do some reading of old threads, John Wall and a few that specialize in Polish rifles have posted good information before (there is a thread in the stickies as I recall on Polish rifles).

The rifles themselves are hard to make much of, the serialing patterns vary, as do siderail variations(K98, K29, wz29 and hyphenated variations), and lack of original rifles make it nearly impossible to even get a trends study off the ground (this is complicated by all the bastardization of rifles 1939 on, many have been altered to one degree or another...). I have a large database on Polish rifles and bayonets, and it is confusing to say the least, but I think this Radom, if 1930 dated, would be right before the switch to the K29 and later wz.29. A chart below gives an comparative rarity between Warsaw & Radom, and the variations, though I have to say considering survival rates it isn't all that helpful, many were scrubbed by the Spaniards, heavily altered by Germans, eastern Europeans, and most that seem to be in the US came in from the Albanian sales of the 1990's (meaning dogs...) or significantly mixed parts rifles.

That is why original-matching rifles, the few I have seen for sale (very few- usually the nicest rifles are firmly in collectors hands) are very expensive.

Attachments

• 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 48

Military Rifle Journal
Back