Third Party Press

Shot through .22 muzzle cover?

Bob in OHIO

My guess is this has been repaired after an oops!

Anyone ever see one before with this cone shape they thought was orig?​

Attachments

• 22cover,01.jpg
    22cover,01.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 65
  • 22cover,02.jpg
    22cover,02.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 22cover,03.jpg
    22cover,03.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 61
Looks like an oops. Does the bullet bump show any signs of delivery trauma on the inside of the lid?

the "end cap" has an edge that is joined to the cone portion to create a very thin seam... almost like a hole was popped through and then the "end cap" was, with care, positioned and covered in black enamel.... came with a late Gust KKW...

the "end cap" has an edge that is joined to the cone portion to create a very thin seam... almost like a hole was popped through and then the "end cap" was, with care, positioned and covered in black enamel.... came with a late Gust KKW...

Bob! When i read the title i thought you did the oops! Ha, i'm happy that wasnt the case, i was expecting but hoping not to read that... especially if it were that sweet cap that came off the SS DSM.:laugh:

shot through muzzle cover.

I actually saw a shot through muzzle cover. The result was the same as shooting a thin piece of metal at close range. Who would of thought ! Complete penetration with typical metal peel. I guess a couple of meathods could be used to fix the Fubar and this is a meathod I guess.

Military Rifle Journal
Back