Third Party Press

A Pair of Steyr Single Claw ZEISS ZIELVER Scopes

Dave Roberts

Is that a scope you have in your pocket?
Staff member
According to one Experts at another Board the Only Scope used on the SC Sniper was BMJ as was the only Scope used on the SS SSR was the Ajack 4X90 which is Incorrect in both instances . Here are Two Zeiss Zielviers which are only 7 Scopes apart from each other . Best Regards . Pics to follow shortly .

Attachments

• DSC_1189.JPG
    DSC_1189.JPG
    219.6 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_1190.JPG
    DSC_1190.JPG
    216.5 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_1191.JPG
    DSC_1191.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC_1192.JPG
    DSC_1192.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_1194.JPG
    DSC_1194.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC_1197.JPG
    DSC_1197.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_1198.JPG
    DSC_1198.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_1204.JPG
    DSC_1204.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_1205.JPG
    DSC_1205.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_1208.JPG
    DSC_1208.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC_1210.JPG
    DSC_1210.JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC_1211.JPG
    DSC_1211.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC_1212.JPG
    DSC_1212.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Fabulous Pair Dave !
Congratulation !
You are lucky men !

I have 81250 on my data base 20 years ago , but without pictures ...
Data base from Daniel D , really a precursor about sniper scope study's .
The Grand Master for all military scope collector !
In the 80's, 30 years ago , Daniel had already realized that Steyr had mounted Zielvier end 1944 .
200 Zielvier mounted by Steyr , i have 9 only on my data base today !
Really scarce scope !

At the beginning of 2012 , and although we have not heard from you for a long time Daniel , collectors sniper scopes from the East , Daniel , Richard and Jean Philippe have a thought for you !

Thank you Daniel , thank you Dave for sharing !

JP

I believe You are talking about Daniel D. from the USA . If So I know of Daniel from Robert and a few others but he has not been heard from for sometime and No one knows were he is or what he is up to now a days.

As for Ser# Study I off hand will have to see but If I recall I have 10 or 11 Plus Two Matching Rifles .
My opinion one of the toughest Snipers be it Complete Rifle or just Scope and Rings to add to a Collection .
Still searching for my matching SC Zeiss Sniper Rifle , I am a patient man :biggrin1: Thank You & Welcome . Best Regards.

If we are talking about the same Daniel D from New Jersey, he was doing fine as of about a year ago. WaPrüf2 & I had dinner with him one night last year at the SOS. He is very low profile these days, actually has been for several years.

That`s who I am talking about Peter and Thank You for letting me Know he is doing OK . Robert was asking me about Daniel when I was in Austria at his house in Nov. 2011. Best Regards

i have a Zielvier triangle marked scope #78690.it is the earliest one i have seen so far.i have also not seen very many of these scopes.looks like most of these scopes are in the #81,000 range.i have had my scope since the mid 1980s.

CP, for me Zielvier in 78xxx serial range is not Single Claw scope .
I know one with very very closed serial number your's and turret mount .
Zielvier SC is always in 81xxx serial range , it's scope for second batch BNZ SC from 44 .
On your scope , is elevating ring steel or brass CP ?

Best regards

JP

the elevation knob is made from brass.markings are 1-8 meters and has the small stop screw.another thing is that there is a remnant of a green camo paint over the black paint on the elevation housing.never seen a war photo showing a camo painted K98 or K98 with camo painted scope.i gave very little for this scope as it had a chipped objective lens.i have since replaced the lens with one from a Zielvier parts scope.
have never seen a Zielvier fitted with high turret rings except for a few blc marked scopes.would also have thought that a zielvier built/rebuilt in 1944 for use on a high turret mount would have been fitted with a sunshade.

The Only Zeiss Zielvier that had a Sunshade was the blc . C.P. Goerz is Your 78000 Ser Range Zeiss
have the same Markings as these SC Zeiss I posted . I believe I may know Your Scope Could You send me a Pic of it Showing Dial and Stop Screw also Numbers and Ser# and Triangle . My Email is DaveR626@comcast.net . Best Regards

Military Rifle Journal
Back