PDA

View Full Version : Book recommendations

Kammerjaeger
01-19-2012, 10:33 PM
Gentlemen,

I want to get smarter on Model 98 snipers (primarily, but not exclusively, WWII) and I was wondering if the two following books are reasonable starters.

"The German Sniper 1914-1945", by Senich

"Backbone of the Wehrmacht", volume II, by Law

These, I hope, will help me not ask such rookie questions about K98k snipers that have been answered so many times in the past here. Not to mention, help in my ongoing Model 98 education.

Regards,

KJ

Dave Roberts
01-20-2012, 02:19 AM
Those are Good ones also KriegsModell Book , Robert Spielauer`s Book Third Printing coming soon Sniper Scopes & Mounts . These are The Best ones and the Two you mention .Best Regards

Kammerjaeger
01-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Thank you Dave, I have added those to my list.

KJ

mike radford
01-28-2012, 11:20 AM
Those are Good ones also KriegsModell Book , Robert Spielauer`s Book Third Printing coming soon Sniper Scopes & Mounts . These are The Best ones and the Two you mention .Best Regards

I agree with Dave and have all but Backbone. None of these are a perfect reference for snipers so reading here and other places, plus asking questions when and if you find a possible rifle for purchase, will help. Just bear in mind that some of the fakers have read the books and have done their homework so it is tough out there.