Third Party Press

Reinigungslager für Schusswaffen 98

JoeW

I thought I would add this cumbersome piece of history. The Reinigungslager für Schusswaffen 98 was the table-top device that provided a firm foundation for the cleaning of various 98s. This particular one was employed by the Prussian police, then painted over and used by someone else. I removed the heavy paint to reveal Prussian police property marking on the vise.

Attachments

• IMG_0474.jpg
    IMG_0474.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0475.jpg
    IMG_0475.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0480.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0479.jpg
    IMG_0479.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 69
Interesting

Never saw one of those before. Any source documentation on them ? Thanks for posting.

Very interesting.

Is it ppossible to have pictures with a 98k on it?

Thank you for sharing this with us.

My 1923 issue of the Waffentechnisches Unterrichtsbuch fur den Polizeibeamten features many technical portions that were exerpted from Imperial era instruction manuals, such as the operation of the MP18I, the TM08 and the Karabiner 98. In that Section IV Maintenace is discussed cleaning equipment and materials. Here is the description of the Reinigungslager. Note that the description matches those parts of the equipment shown.

Attachments

• 98 cleaning station.jpg
    98 cleaning station.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 40
Thanks

My 1923 issue of the Waffentechnisches Unterrichtsbuch fur den Polizeibeamten features many technical portions that were exerpted from Imperial era instruction manuals, such as the operation of the MP18I, the TM08 and the Karabiner 98. In that Section IV Maintenace is discussed cleaning equipment and materials. Here is the description of the Reinigungslager. Note that the description matches those parts of the equipment shown.

You need to copy that pamphlet and share ..it would great to see the other info. :thumbsup:

Glad you enjoyed it BSW, I've been dying to use it and was happy to find a place where it would be informative.

You need to copy that pamphlet and share ..it would great to see the other info. :thumbsup:

I will try and copy it, but the period book is fragile and I don't want to damage the spine. Perhaps I can post a PDF file if I can make the copy?

Joe:
Try the interlibrary loan department at your local library. Many have specially constructed copy machines arranged to that no stress is put on fragile bindings.

I don't believe it is the small dienstvorschrift from which I posted my text. Is yours the HDv 257 "Schusswaffen 98"? As you can see, the manual in the police training book from 1923 has no numeration like yours. But it is for the K98a as the barrel length is specified as 60cm.

Excuse, I find your answer first today – sorry.

The D.V.E. 278 is the earlier layout and examine only the K98.
In the D.V.E. 257a you find the G98. The manuals called in the old army D.V.E. = Druckvorschriften Etat (don’t know how to translate). Later Reichswehr and Wehrmacht have the H.Dv.
The police books are mostly identical with the army manuals. So you can get a lot of information without the rare manuals.

I think this is your book?
Schmitt.jpg

I scan the chapter IV Reinigung, but the file is bigger than the max file-size here in the forum.
What can I do?

No chance? What a pity!

The other option is change dollar get RM and a 5Pf stamp.
You can order the whole book easy. ;-)

B Zettel.jpg

Excuse, I find your answer first today – sorry.

The D.V.E. 278 is the earlier layout and examine only the K98.
In the D.V.E. 257a you find the G98. The manuals called in the old army D.V.E. = Druckvorschriften Etat (don’t know how to translate). Later Reichswehr and Wehrmacht have the H.Dv.
The police books are mostly identical with the army manuals. So you can get a lot of information without the rare manuals.

I think this is your book?

View attachment 27545

No, mine is the 1923 Edition, though I have 1928, 1929 and 1932.

Military Rifle Journal
Back