Third Party Press

JHV 43, Sanded stock and flipped pretty quickly!

Well if this is a trend, then I'm buying the rifle next at 4k, and then selling it the next month at 8k.

Shultz does alot of "flips".....most of the rifles I see him buy he turns around a re-sells. Doesnt seem much like a collector.

Agreed,
This seller (Shultz) has been accused of this a couple of times :(
I would not be surprised if he is among us on a couple of forums watching, learning or baiting.

Probably. He just bought a byf 44 for $450. Bet it will show up within a week or two.

oh, yeah. He hangs around here, even posts every now and then. Goes by a different handle though. Havent seen him post much since this came up, maybe didn't like the heat or didn't want people to back track the auctions that have NR bidders or NR winners that never gave him any feed back. I think there was a bnz bolt m/m that only went for 300 or something. Good deal for the NR winner if they were real. All speculation though. Probably better to have different handles and keep it low now.

The best one I saw was when he sold a rifle where a NR bidder won an auction. Then a week or so later somebody asked my opinion of a rifle wondering if it was legit. They forwarded me an email of his where he was trying to sell the same rifle privately for about 700 or so more than what the auction closed at if I recall. I just told him to be careful, since the rifle was already sold. Either was he trying to rob him (probably not the case), or he shill bid his own auction. Guess it could have been a legitimate non-payer, but then why not relist for the credit? I heard he did eventually sell the same rifle to a different person who is a board member here. Guess the buyer was happy with it and the price, so no difference to me. I just don’t bid on auctions where I know that a price will get artificially ran up on me….although its a little fun to watch…..kinda like a train wreck.

Good friend of mine gave me a brilliant quote "good reputations are exceedingly perishable - while bad reputations are virtually indestructible" Hell, Im trying to come to a decision myself on what to do on a rifle Im selling for a friend, so whom I to judge. I don't think he's a humper faker or anything like that. Just likes to start them at no reserve to try and get max profit. If the auction doesn't move in his favor, he'll just throw a couple bids to bump the price to his liking or outbid to protect the item from selling less then he wants.

oh, yeah. He hangs around here, even posts every now and then. Goes by a different handle though. Havent seen him post much since this came up, maybe didn't like the heat or didn't want people to back track the auctions that have NR bidders or NR winners that never gave him any feed back. I think there was a bnz bolt m/m that only went for 300 or something. Good deal for the NR winner if they were real. All speculation though. Probably better to have different handles and keep it low now.

The best one I saw was when he sold a rifle where a NR bidder won an auction. Then a week or so later somebody asked my opinion of a rifle wondering if it was legit. They forwarded me an email of his where he was trying to sell the same rifle privately for about 700 or so more than what the auction closed at if I recall. I just told him to be careful, since the rifle was already sold. Either was he trying to rob him (probably not the case), or he shill bid his own auction. Guess it could have been a legitimate non-payer, but then why not relist for the credit? I heard he did eventually sell the same rifle to a different person who is a board member here. Guess the buyer was happy with it and the price, so no difference to me. I just don’t bid on auctions where I know that a price will get artificially ran up on me….although its a little fun to watch…..kinda like a train wreck.

Good friend of mine gave me a brilliant quote "good reputations are exceedingly perishable - while bad reputations are virtually indestructible" Hell, Im trying to come to a decision myself on what to do on a rifle Im selling for a friend, so whom I to judge. I don't think he's a humper faker or anything like that. Just likes to start them at no reserve to try and get max profit. If the auction doesn't move in his favor, he'll just throw a couple bids to bump the price to his liking or outbid to protect the item from selling less then he wants.

Wow and all this time I thought it was just me !!!!! :happy0180:

Because the page for the first auction has expired, I am not sure what was being pointed out. Did the seller alter the rifle?

The thread ended up being about shill bidding but I'm not sure of the original intent.

If the seller didn't alter the rifle, is the thread about the value of taking great photos?

Because the page for the first auction has expired, I am not sure what was being pointed out. Did the seller alter the rifle?

The thread ended up being about shill bidding but I'm not sure of the original intent.

If the seller didn't alter the rifle, is the thread about the value of taking great photos?

Seller didn't alter the rifle. What this thread was originally to show was that the buyer in the original auction turned around and flipped the rifle soon following purchase for a decent profit using better photos. Whether the seller shills or has someone shill in his auctions I could not say.

Seller didn't alter the rifle. What this thread was originally to show was that the buyer in the original auction turned around and flipped the rifle soon following purchase for a decent profit using better photos. Whether the seller shills or has someone shill in his auctions I could not say.

Pisgah just wrote what I was trying to type. Well said.

Nothing "wrong" with Schulz! I just bloody wish he'd told me he had it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I VILL KILL YOU SCHULTZ!

Schulzy is a poor, degenerate college student who flips them to pay bills. Entrepeneur I say.

I have bought 4 rifles from good old Mississippi Mud Child now, and not single complaint! Honest as the day is long. Prices ALL EXTREMELY reasonable, borderline CHEAP.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back