Third Party Press

Help with a German Marked Vz.24

Dr.Mauser

I stumbled across a German Marked Vz.24, the on Czech marking on it is BRNO, there are Waffenamts all over this thing, including 2 large Waffenamt War Eagles on the butt stock. Before I b ought it I wanted to get some info about it such as what divisions would have used this, the rarity, and a little bit of history about these kinda of rifles. Because I know shortly after the Germans Occupied Czechoslovakia the began producing the G.24(t). And this rifle is very clearly marked Vz.34.

i dont have any, its still at the gun store, i have it on lay away, theyre only asking $269 for it but I can only afford one rifle and my budget if $450, the Waffenamts on the stock look a little like this:
660K98Waffenamt.jpg

Nope !!

MOST vz24 conversions are not marked like that..g24t's are a bit different.. There are fake stock stamps out there and its real easy to use them. most guys dont know how to use them. So its easy to see that they are incorrect..

That's a laminate stock off 660/bnz code K98k from 1939-41. So, the stock is incorrect.

That stock could be worth the asking price by itself, so if I were you I'd buy the rifle (or give me their number so that I can!).

The way I read Dr. M's post with photo, he is posting the photo as an example and not necessarily saying that this rifle has stacked E/623 inspection markings, only that it has a stack of some type of inspection markings. As HB stated, E/623 would be wrong on a Vz-24. Hard to go wrong for $269. Even if one had to sell it as parts it should not be too difficult to make back that amount.

Last edited:
I'll take a picture of the stock next time I'm there, but should the correct codes be. The only none Waffenamt code I remember is the BRNO.

I'll take a picture of the stock next time I'm there, but should the correct codes be. The only none Waffenamt code I remember is the BRNO.

Since they were captured rifles and not new production, vz24s will not have any waffenamts on the stock. Its possible that a German depot could have marked the stock with one large depot eagle, but it is certainly far from common. Early G24(t)s (vz24s produced by the Germans) have 607 and later A80 waffenamts, but I don't think they recycled vz24 receivers, or at least I've never heard of any.

In 1944, some recycled vz24 receivers show up in K98k production, but they did not have the early style stock stamps. If you can take any clear pictures it will certainly help us clear things up for you.

The stock and left of the receiver ring are G.24(t). You had better go back and pick up the rifle for $269. That's a bargain, even if the bolt is not matching. The triggerguard and floorplate you show are mismatched, but the originals would have been unnumbered anyway so it doesn't make much difference. Let me know the contact information for the shop if you decide not to buy it as I would buy it for that amount immediately.

Early G24(t)s (vz24s produced by the Germans) have 607 and later A80 waffenamts, but I don't think they recycled vz24 receivers, or at least I've never heard of any.
The G24(t) was not produced by germans, but by Slovakians as it was contracted from germans and realised on plant nr.2. of Zbrojovka Brno in Povazska Bystrica. All items that was captured mistakly in Slovakia near czech border by germans, was payed with RM later or returned back.The captured Vz.24 rifles were only in teritorium of Protektorat Boehmen und Maehren.

Military Rifle Journal
Back