PDA

View Full Version : Early Zeiss Zielvier LT Scope

Dave Roberts
02-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Thought I would post some Pics of a Reichswehr Era Zeiss Zielvier Scope that was re-used for LT this Particular scope is for byf . I posted before and after restoration and re-bluing . Robert Spielauer did restoration work and also Verified that in his opinion it is a Unmolested Original and not some Fake or Post War put together . The reason I bring this fact up is most would say that this Scope is not Correct due to the Reichswehr Era Type Saddle and meter Dial which is not so.This was the Argument of a Few early on but with much study and scrutiny was found to be an incorrect assumption on their part . I have stated many times , I will never say never . I was also sent Pics of another such Scope with Rings but this particular one came from a Sauer LT . I usually am not one who likes to re-blue a Scope but with the repairs that needed to be done to this scope it was done more out of necessity . Hope You Enjoy Pics . Best Regards
:facepalm:

BSW 1937
02-09-2012, 04:30 AM
Thought I would post some Pics of a Reichswehr Era Zeiss Zielvier Scope that was re-used for LT this Particular scope is for byf . I posted before and after restoration and re-bluing . Robert Spielauer did restoration work and also Verified that in his opinion it is a Unmolested Original and not some Fake or Post War put together . The reason I bring this fact up is most would say that this Scope is not Correct due to the Reichswehr Era Type Saddle and meter Dial which is not so.This was the Argument of a Few early on but with much study and scrutiny was found to be an incorrect assumption on their part . I have stated many times , I will never say never . I was also sent Pics of another such Scope with Rings but this particular one came from a Sauer LT . I usually am not one who likes to re-blue a Scope but with the repairs that needed to be done to this scope it was done more out of necessity . Hope You Enjoy Pics . Best Regards
:facepalm:

Thank you for sharing the informations and pictures. :thumbsup:

Is this an argentinian contract type front base next to the scope on the picture number 0600?

Dave Roberts
03-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Thank you for sharing the informations and pictures. :thumbsup:

Is this an argentinian contract type front base next to the scope on the picture number 0600?

Yes it is . When Robert , Myself and 2 other Collectors were trying to figure if this Scope & Rings was Original or Post War put together. Robert made some Comparison Photos to show differences . The biggest ? mark on this Scope was the Meter Dial not being a 1-8 rather this 100-1000 which is Reichswehr Type . But since I Bought this Scope at Very Small amount , 2 others have been seen . Best Regards