Third Party Press

g33/40 question

I have a chance (i've posted this to another users question on here already but wanted more exposure) to purchase a 42 dot "C" block. It is missing the cleaning rod, front sight hood and sling. Bolt is correct for this model but not matching. The stock and finish looks gorgeous for how old it is. Seller is asking $1500. I'm seriously considering purchasing this but wanted some extra input. I never plan to re-sell anything I obtain so it will go into my personal collection. I can't post the photos as they are strict on re-posting. The overall finish with metal and stock is 90%. Any suggestions?

I have a chance (i've posted this to another users question on here already but wanted more exposure) to purchase a 42 dot "C" block. It is missing the cleaning rod, front sight hood and sling. Bolt is correct for this model but not matching. The stock and finish looks gorgeous for how old it is. Seller is asking $1500. I'm seriously considering purchasing this but wanted some extra input. I never plan to re-sell anything I obtain so it will go into my personal collection. I can't post the photos as they are strict on re-posting. The overall finish with metal and stock is 90%. Any suggestions?

Too much money. The correct sight hood is expensive, ditto cleaning rod.

should i ask for less or just pass it up?

Seems high, especially without the accessories, but we’d have to see pics. A few years ago a nice bolt MM 40 o 41 would easily hit $1500 on GB but it seems that 33/40’s haven’t had the same price explosion as 98k’s over the past two years. Post some pics before you make any offers.

Military Rifle Journal
Back