PDA

View Full Version : Example of Machined Ring Mount LSR like the one that Sold at RIA for 30K

Dave Roberts
03-04-2012, 07:10 PM
I took some Photos of an LSR Machined Ring Mount like the one that sold at RIA in Feb.for 30K My LSR has less Condition in Bluing and Mount is NOT matched to Rifle but that`s it . Just thought this would make for good topic and to hear other Collectors thoughts on why the RIA LSR sold so Damn High . Best Regards.

RADOMMAN
03-04-2012, 08:37 PM
I would like to know the other person who was more foolish than myself and out bid me. I knew the whole history of where the gun came from and thats why I went as high as I did. Even then I knew I was crazy. But as things turned out I got one almost as good at the SOS.

mauser99
03-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Other than the lsr upper half I really cant see where is has much in common.. Im assuming it's a bcd4 S block which is early I assume for a thick walled lsr receiver.
Now I assume the U block is the first letter block for the jp saure assembled LSR's. I never really focused on snipers but, Im being forced to learn..To clear things up The 30k lsr rifle was a matching including upper half JP Sauer assembled LSr in near 100% condition. Speaking to Bruce after sos he figures a 5 to 1 ratio of Gustloff assembled lsr's to JPS.. With surviving examples being even more scarce.. Opinions ?? By the way nice rifle dave! When do the sniper key type safeties show up ?

Hercules
03-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Dave,

I was trying to find a photo of that LSR from Rock Island. I think it was the one on page 167 of Law's Sniper Variations Book. Is that correct? I do not think a matching Early Long Side Rail was worth that, but I think it brought a higher price, because it was the same exact rifle from Law's book. Also, Dave that is a really nice rifle.

Brian

mjn
03-04-2012, 10:21 PM
I was trying to find a photo of that LSR from Rock Island. I think it was the one on page 167 of Law's Sniper Variations Book. Is that correct?

Yes, it's the same rifle. In Law's book, the rifle serial number is misidentified in the captions. I noticed that it was the same rifle too, and assumed that the hammer price had something to do with it being a published example.

Dave Roberts
03-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Other than the lsr upper half I really cant see where is has much in common.. Im assuming it's a bcd4 S block which is early I assume for a thick walled lsr receiver.
Now I assume the U block is the first letter block for the jp saure assembled LSR's. I never really focused on snipers but, Im being forced to learn..To clear things up The 30k lsr rifle was a matching including upper half JP Sauer assembled LSr in near 100% condition. Speaking to Bruce after sos he figures a 5 to 1 ratio of Gustloff assembled lsr's to JPS.. With surviving examples being even more scarce.. Opinions ?? By the way nice rifle dave! When do the sniper key type safeties show up ?

I guess maybe I could have said it a bit better or just asked this Does anyone think that RIA LSR was worth 30K . As for my LSR being Gustloff and the RIA LSR being a Sauer My intent of the Question was based on Both LSR`s being Early LSR`s & with Machined Ring Mounts and 1st Variant Dow Scope as some here may not have been aware I wanted to use my LSR as to show what Type RIA LSR was . Even though RIA LSR was Sauer finished why would anyone pay 30K for an LSR .My Apologizes for not being more specific as to the Point I was trying to make . I will be the first to admit I made a mistake and should have been much clearer . Best Regards

Bigdibbs88
03-05-2012, 12:19 AM
I would like to know the other person who was more foolish than myself and out bid me. I knew the whole history of where the gun came from and thats why I went as high as I did. Even then I knew I was crazy. But as things turned out I got one almost as good at the SOS.

would you mind sharing the history?

mauser99
03-05-2012, 07:24 AM
I see where you were comming from and I was just making the statement from what I saw. What do you feel is the earliest block they show up in Assembled by Gustloff ?
Also where Saure made so fewer k98's in 44 than gustloff One might not even know where they paralell in production. X block being in Dec 44 where gustloff was in there 60k-ish range of their 5 didgit no-letter block. Im sure Im wrong on the gustloff range right now as im eating breakfast annd dont have it memorized. But, I hope you get my point and can answer the question.. Also if matching gustloff lsr's less the upper mount regularly trade at the 9-11k range what premium would the matching upper bring??
Would it be as much as lets say a mm bolt k98 vs a match bolt ? Basicly half ? That is where I would start in evaluating the price jump first. That would equate a value of 20K. Then factor in the 5 to 1 ratio of gustloff to saure built lsr's and what that premium might be worth. Im not sure 25% So maybe 25K may be a resonable number ? Then factor in the condition at 99-100% and what premium does that bring in a firearm ? What we saw was probably the nicest saure built all matching and early lsr ever to sell publicly and that was the result. That rifle had been in private hands for many decades.. Anyway I hope this makes some sense as it was typed on a monday morn while eating my rice crispies..I could barely hear myself think over the snap,crackle and pop..:thumbsup:

I guess maybe I could have said it a bit better or just asked this Does anyone think that RIA LSR was worth 30K . As for my LSR being Gustloff and the RIA LSR being a Sauer My intent of the Question was based on Both LSR`s being Early LSR`s & with Machined Ring Mounts and 1st Variant Dow Scope as some here may not have been aware I wanted to use my LSR as to show what Type RIA LSR was . Even though RIA LSR was Sauer finished why would anyone pay 30K for an LSR .My Apologizes for not being more specific as to the Point I was trying to make . I will be the first to admit I made a mistake and should have been much clearer . Best Regards

Dave Roberts
03-05-2012, 02:48 PM
I see where you were comming from and I was just making the statement from what I saw. What do you feel is the earliest block they show up in Assembled by Gustloff ?
Also where Saure made so fewer k98's in 44 than gustloff One might not even know where they paralell in production. X block being in Dec 44 where gustloff was in there 60k-ish range of their 5 didgit no-letter block. Im sure Im wrong on the gustloff range right now as im eating breakfast annd dont have it memorized. But, I hope you get my point and can answer the question.. Also if matching gustloff lsr's less the upper mount regularly trade at the 9-11k range what premium would the matching upper bring??
Would it be as much as lets say a mm bolt k98 vs a match bolt ? Basicly half ? That is where I would start in evaluating the price jump first. That would equate a value of 20K. Then factor in the 5 to 1 ratio of gustloff to saure built lsr's and what that premium might be worth. Im not sure 25% So maybe 25K may be a resonable number ? Then factor in the condition at 99-100% and what premium does that bring in a firearm ? What we saw was probably the nicest saure built all matching and early lsr ever to sell publicly and that was the result. That rifle had been in private hands for many decades.. Anyway I hope this makes some sense as it was typed on a monday morn while eating my rice crispies..I could barely hear myself think over the snap,crackle and pop..:thumbsup:

I can not say for sure if I have seen an early LSR than the S block , I do know of one other S block LSR a European Collector has that I have seen in hand . As for Sauer I have seen many e , f block Thick Rec Rifles but most were rejected never drilled at all but I have seen a Couple LSR`s in these Blocks also .
From my experience the Gustloff LSR that have MM Mounts sell for around 9K to 12K depending on Cond.
in Regards to Total Matching Gustloff LSR`s these sell from 10K to 14K again Depending on Cond.
The Sauer LSR I agree with Ratios You gave . As far as Prices Two Sauer LSR`s I know of Both are BCD4 Sauer x block LSR`s Wide Band Mounts with Zeiss Zielsechs one is 94% to 95% Cond. this Example sold for 16K , The other Example is 96% to 98% Condition this Person was offered 25K for His but Refused just does not want sell it . Both these LSR`s are IMHO are just as Rare as the RIA Example that sold for 30K Given from what I know and have seen the RIA LSR is worth 20K to 25K Max . We all know that items are worth mainly by what an individual is willing to pay . But does this really truly an accurate way to estimate Worth of an Item . I hope this makes sense but most likely not
:)Best Regards

mauser99
03-05-2012, 03:44 PM
We have had this talk many times on the k98 section. You cant value an item on one auction. There can be many variables in that auction that no one knows about. You can see a similar item sell very close in the same time frame bring a fraction of what the other does.. First off the buyer already bought the item at the extreemly high price and is not really looking for another now that he has his priced possesion and the second to the lowest bidder is still sweating off not having to pay that insane price for the item. I was really more surprized at the all matching bcd/ar 42 zf41 selling for 16k where A high turret that looked legit sold for 10k. RIA sometimes gets crazy money for stuff. Sometimes not. I know of a few items that sold for far less than what they were offered for them before sending them to auction. They were told of course that ria would get them top dollar. Anyway, I hope we get some real concrete disscussion going here as thats why I contribute to these forums. I feel you know far more about these things than I and I can only comment and have only commented using facts I have seen and by using a pie chart on the back side of my box of rice crispies !! :facepalm: Where do we take it from here ?

vintagescope
03-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Superbe scope Dave !
Congratulation !
About rifle , it's another story ...
No LSR rifle from Sauer before U letter block, no LSR rifle from Gustloff with letter after serial number know today ...

About price RIA LSR Sauer CE , it's not crazy price ....
It's the only LSR with machined mount know today totally matching !
2 another Sauer early LSR exist in USA with barreled action and mount matching , but not the stock ....
It's totally different for late Gustloff LSR rifle !
I have 11 or 12 complete matching rifles on my data base , 90% brand news , direct by Vets from the German factory in 1945 !
About price , 1943 BYF LOW TURRET with BMJ , all matching, sold for 40 000 $ last week in Germany ...

Dave Roberts
03-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Superbe scope Dave !
Congratulation !
About rifle , it's another story ...
No LSR rifle from Sauer before U letter block, no LSR rifle from Gustloff with letter after serial number know today ...

About price RIA LSR Sauer CE , it's not crazy price ....
It's the only LSR with machined mount know today totally matching !
2 another Sauer early LSR exist in USA with barreled action and mount matching , but not the stock ....
It's totally different for late Gustloff LSR rifle !
I have 11 or 12 complete matching rifles on my data base , 90% brand news , direct by Vets from the German factory in 1945 !
About price , 1943 BYF LOW TURRET with BMJ , all matching, sold for 40 000 $ last week in Germany ...

When someone makes a Statement such as not known , Does that Person ever stop to think of How many Collectors do not Contribute and or belong to any Forum . The number of Collectors that belong or Contribute to Forums is most likely far out numbered by those who do not . I have met a Number of Collectors in the Past 15yrs who DO NOT participate in anyway and I have seen there Collection . So just because You have not seen it or it is not in Your Data Study this does not make it so . I will not sit here and argue about whether 30K is crazy or not to me its Crazy.And 40,000 for a LT with BMJ all Matching this to is Crazy Price in My opinion . One difference is the Prices European Collectors are willing to Pay for Completely Correct Sniper Rifles , Price in Europe are by estimate almost Double for these Items . Best Regards .

Mr Haney
03-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Hi Dave
my long side rail is a BCD 4 serial number 2680 x block made in Dec. 44. Manufactured by JP Sauer.
Mount is miss matched with 22 wide bands The scope is a bek . Mount is numbered 89774 came with a matching can, carrying strap, base cover ajustment key and a sun shield.
Jp Sauer snipers di not have checkered butt plate. Safety is milled. And it has the original leather lens caps .
Regards
Bob

mjn
03-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Jp Sauer snipers did not have checkered butt plate.

This is not true for all Sauer LSR sniper rifles. The example originally discussed (the 30K RIA Sauer LSR) has a checkered butt plate.

Mike

mauser99
03-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Just saw the purchase of 2572x at the sos.. It is right as rain. It has a 'c' stock on it numbered to the rifle and has a checkered buttplate. I have not seen every lsr made but, I would surmize by the x block Saure would have been using checkered buttplates. Better yet, mount 2574x was just purchased for it ! Both came out of rual Ohio..Small world. Bob if you are interested anther x range mount. One might be availiable for trade or purchase. The rifle came with a W block upper on it..

Hi Dave
my long side rail is a BCD 4 serial number 2680 x block made in Dec. 44. Manufactured by JP Sauer.
Mount is miss matched with 22 wide bands The scope is a bek . Mount is numbered 89774 came with a matching can, carrying strap, base cover ajustment key and a sun shield.
Jp Sauer snipers di not have checkered butt plate. Safety is milled. And it has the original leather lens caps .
Regards
Bob

Mr Haney
03-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Hi
I would like to see some pictures of the x block mount you have for sale.
Please send thenm to my email address
mr_haney@att.net

Dave Roberts
03-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Hi
I would like to see some pictures of the x block mount you have for sale.
Please send thenm to my email address
mr_haney@att.net

Sorry I have no x block Mount For Sale . I have a Complete LSR X Block
not For Sale . Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best Regards

mauser99
03-07-2012, 08:59 PM
I wasnt refering to you Dave sorry.. So, you have an x block as well. It seems to be a popular block. I still cant beleive I found a mount for Mike 2 didgits off.. He also has a spare he might sell? Thats why I was thinking if we posted a sticky thread with missmatched mounts we mightbe able to match some up. It might be interesting at least. ?

tonino7
03-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Thats why I was thinking if we posted a sticky thread with missmatched mounts we mightbe able to match some up. It might be interesting at least. ?

I am really interessed at a sticky like this : if done I am ready to post the serial number of a couple of lsr mounts I have in my collection , and also the serial number of my bcd4 K98 that now is searching for his own matching mount :biggrin1:

mauser99
03-08-2012, 03:08 PM
I made mention of it in the Mod. section for disscussion. I cant see an issue. Guys that dont like the idea dont have to contribute.

mike radford
03-08-2012, 04:29 PM
How close is the X mount to my rifle, 905x? This rifle has original checkered buttplate, matching parts on the rifle except the handguard, which was apparently lost due to the duffle cut.

Hercules
03-08-2012, 04:29 PM
I made mention of it in the Mod. section for disscussion. I cant see an issue. Guys that dont like the idea dont have to contribute.

I think that is an excellent idea. I have a couple I would post.

Brian

Hercules
03-08-2012, 04:32 PM
How close is the X mount to my rifle, 905x? This rifle has original checkered buttplate, matching parts on the rifle except the handguard, which was apparently lost due to the duffle cut.

Mike,

That is a nice looking rifle. Thanks for posting.

Brian

mike radford
03-08-2012, 04:35 PM
A few more.

Thanks Brian. I tried to buy an X suffix mount a few months ago, and just a hundred or so numbers off. The guy wanted and unreal price for it, $1700 offer was not even close apparently. Saw another at SOS, farther off, but spent out my funds before I could get it.

mauser99
03-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Mike,good to see you posting here. Jps lsr's are either consistant or parts get added and changed. Mike c's sos find was 2572 I think. It has a milled down standard safety. I was under the impression JPS didnt use the low key safety ?? His is an almost exact copy of you're rifle. Except for the Sintered upper band and a dull finished lower band of the likes I'd never seen before. Stock is a fat 'c' type. Numbered in the channel the same way..

vintagescope
03-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Mike, the more closest mount to your rifle on my data base ...
864 X , found in Germany by French soldier in 1947 .

mike radford
03-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Mike,good to see you posting here. Jps lsr's are either consistant or parts get added and changed. Mike c's sos find was 2572 I think. It has a milled down standard safety. I was under the impression JPS didnt use the low key safety ?? His is an almost exact copy of you're rifle. Except for the Sintered upper band and a dull finished lower band of the likes I'd never seen before. Stock is a fat 'c' type. Numbered in the channel the same way..

Thanks. Good to be here.

I ran this rifle by Dave, Bruce and Mike S. before I bought it and it got the thumbs up. The safety is good to go, I am pretty sure, but nothing can surprise me at this point. Stamping is consistent with the rest of the rifle and the number appears to be struck after finish. It passed without question on gunboards when I posted it as well. The JPS swept back in Mike and Bruce's book has one of these safeties, so they had them in the system.

I will check to see if I have a few more pics of the safety. Not much it appears. Few more added.

vintagescope
03-08-2012, 05:33 PM
For sale on Ebay some years ago ...
With WW1 Oigee scope ...
Mount 2171 X
Matching can this mount is on "German Sniper " !

mike radford
03-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Thanks vintagescope.

Dave Roberts
03-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Mike
I have an LSR Sauer Bolt all matching I got in a trade with Mike Steves and it has a Long Key Safety . For a Number of Years I was under the impression Sauer Never used Checkered Butt Plates but in the Past 2 yrs I have seen 3 BCD4 Sauer finished LSR`s and all had Checkered Butt Plates . There were 1000`s of LSR Built and How few still actually survive . So in my opinion Collectors are setting Yourself up to say Never . I have seen it happen many times . Just saying something will always show up and prove our thinking wrong ,specially with Sniper Rifles . I will Post some Pics of the Bolt I have , Best Regards .
:thumbsup:

Mr Haney
03-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Hi
Here are some pictures of my JP Suaer long side rail sniper
Bob

Mr Haney
03-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Here pictures of my other BCD4 sniper rifle. This one has a checkered butt plate
Regards
Bob

mauser99
03-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Bob, Thanks for posting you;re fine rifles. Question. Have you ever had the Sauer out of the stock ? Does it have a "c' stock ? I just see a couple things that dont fall into the norm for a Sauer of gustloff of this period. Things can get added or changed on rifles..Also have you ever had the buttplate off as well ?

Hercules
03-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Hi
Here are some pictures of my JP Suaer long side rail sniper
Bob

Really nice rifle. Does your Sauer made LSR have a MO (byf) stock on it? Just looking at the recoil lug and other features. Thanks.

Brian

Mr Haney
03-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Hi
I got this BCD 4 sniper rifle from Bruce and I believe Dave. It is a a matching stock with a duffle cut I had the butt plate off. To see if it had a checkered butt plate at one time it did not. Bruce stands by it being a correct CBD 4 sniper rifle. This sniper is in the book Kriegsmodell by Michael Steves and Bruce Karem statingthe stock was supplied by Mauser Oberndorf..
Regards
Bob

mauser99
03-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Hi
I got this BCD 4 sniper rifle from Bruce and I believe Dave. It is a a matching stock with a duffle cut I had the butt plate off. To see if it had a checkered butt plate at one time it did not. Bruce stands by it being a correct CBD 4 sniper rifle. This sniper is in the book Kriegsmodell by Michael Steves and Bruce Karem statingthe stock was supplied by Mauser Oberndorf..
Regards
Bob

Bob, Im not saying the rifle isnt correct. Im just pointing out some odd things about you're example. Please dont take it the wrong way..Yes the stock looks like it's M.O. in origin. Not the norm..

Mr Haney
03-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Hi
I am sorry I did not mean any thing. I just thought I would just show it in the book.
That is how you learn by asking questions and I have alot to learn yet.
My friend just ask!!
Regards
Bob

mauser99
03-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Sauers apear to be more of an enigma where the gustloffs are more consistant with features.

Dave Roberts
03-10-2012, 12:45 AM
Hi
I am sorry I did not mean any thing. I just thought I would just show it in the book.
That is how you learn by asking questions and I have alot to learn yet.
My friend just ask!!
Regards
Bob

Bob , I agree with You on the Learning Part. One of the Biggest Learning items in regards with Your LSR is learning how to Forgive Myself for ever letting go of that , Your LSR . It still Haunts Me every time I see It.
:facepalm: But that Happens when we do not have Endless $$$$ . I will say, it is in Good Hands . Best Regards .
PS I will get Pics of the Sauer Bolt with Long Key Safety .

Mr Haney
03-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Hi
So it looks like the BCD 4 made by JP Sauer all had checkered buttplates?? or just some of them did?? I took the butt plate off the other BCD 4 sniper that I had and it did have the markes were wear the checkering was. But on the JP Sauer long side rail sniper rifle there are no markings in the wood. or any date.
I do not want to pay $1100.00 for a original checkerd butt plate!!!
So the millon dollar question is did they come with the checkerd butt plate and some with out??
Regards
Bob

mjn
03-11-2012, 12:38 PM
So the millon dollar question is did they come with the checkerd butt plate and some with out??
Regards
Bob

Yes, apparently some were made without checkered butt plates. I don't know if smooth butt plates show up in any distinct production ranges. It's probably just a supply issue at the time of assembly, and they show up intermittently, but I don't know for sure. Maybe someone else has better info on this.

I'd bet that collector tinkering has reduced the number of authentic smooth butt plate snipers. Once someone reads in a book or is told that all 98k sniper rifles are supposed to have checkered butt plates, they go out and search for one to put on their sniper rifle. Don't believe everything you see or hear because as others have pointed out, there is a lot we do not know due to the comparatively small number of sniper rifles that have been studied vs. the number actually produced.

Mike

mike radford
03-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Hi
So it looks like the BCD 4 made by JP Sauer all had checkered buttplates?? or just some of them did?? I took the butt plate off the other BCD 4 sniper that I had and it did have the markes were wear the checkering was. But on the JP Sauer long side rail sniper rifle there are no markings in the wood. or any date.
Regards
Bob

Bob. Your rifle is a gem. Thanks for posting. Dave and I discussed this the other night. It is pretty clear that JPS used either type butt plates on their late snipers. It is also likely that they used either type safety. They assembled K98k's and did not make the majority of the parts. Seeing contract parts on their rifles is the norm and make for a lot of variation, best I can tell.

Just off the top of my head, on my rifle you can see contract parts in lots of places like the bolt, stock, shield, etc..

I recently posted a ce42 and was a bit worried about it being humped when I noted a Wa359/Walther on the rear sight parts, even though the numbers matched. Turns out that is common. This probably helps explain a lot of variation of parts on these rifles.

mauser99
03-11-2012, 05:56 PM
well, It's a known fact that JPS was an assembler. This goes back to the early war years. One thing we have found out is the inconsistancy of the safety. We have a few examples with and with the low key safety. Im sure they used what they had. The checkered buttplate thing I feel is a bit different. I feel if anything it has something to do with the odd stock. But, thats just my veiw. I'm glad we have really gotten some real good disscussion going..

Dave Roberts
03-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Hi
Regards
Bob

Bob
I have found that with the Sauer Finished LSR`s now this is the ones that used BCD4 Receivers some had Checkered Butt Plates and Some Did Not . So either can be Correct . I have not seen many CE 43 or 44 Receiver produced Produced LSR`s to say one or the other way is or is not Correct in regards to these . Best Regards .

Dave Roberts
03-11-2012, 06:46 PM
well, It's a known fact that JPS was an assembler. This goes back to the early war years. One thing we have found out is the inconsistancy of the safety. We have a few examples with and with the low key safety. Im sure they used what they had. The checkered buttplate thing I feel is a bit different. I feel if anything it has something to do with the odd stock. But, thats just my veiw. I'm glad we have really gotten some real good disscussion going..

Mauser99
I do not understand your reference to the checkered Butt Plate being used do to (odd stock) Can You elaborate on what you mean .
:) I know at times I can be Very Slowwww . Best Regards

Mr Haney
03-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Hey Guys
Well you put me out a starting a lawn cutting service. I was just getting ready to start it. To buy a original long side checkered butt plate!!! I hope more guys that have this type of sniper will add to it.
Thanks Guys for all you help
Regards
Bob

Hercules
03-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Hey Guys
Well you put me out a starting a lawn cutting service. I was just getting ready to start it. To buy a original long side checkered butt plate!!! I hope more guys that have this type of sniper will add to it.
Regards
Bob

Bob,

I think it is like Dave said on here earlier. Not all of them had checkered butt plates. So, I would be happy with it the way it is. I also believe most LSR had the checkered butt plate. They can sell for $1000.00 to $1500.00 if you can find one, but I do not think it is necessary to add one.

Brian

Dave Roberts
03-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Hey Guys
Regards
Bob

Bob
As You mentioned Bruce and I both went over that LSR very closely and at the time I bought that LSR at Auction I had seen ONLY One BCD4 LSR that was finished at Sauer that had a Checkered Butt Plate all others I had seen or had in hand had Smooth Butt Plates , as a matter of Fact I bought another BCD4 LSR finished at Sauer and this one did have Checkered Butt Plate which Worried me at 1st till I removed Butt Plate and in places Original Primer stuck to stock and Checkering in Wood . But YOUR LSR is Correct the Way it Is , You would Not Change Your LSR for the Better by adding a Checkered Butt Plate . Please put Your Mind at ease It is Correct Just As Is . If You remember when You 1st got that LSR someone told You that the QNW Trigger Guard was NOT Correct , Which was COMPLETELY INCORRECT . Best Regards

mauser99
03-12-2012, 07:18 AM
Mauser99
I do not understand your reference to the checkered Butt Plate being used do to (odd stock) Can You elaborate on what you mean .
:) I know at times I can be Very Slowwww . Best Regards

what I meant was that rifle has a mauser oberndorf supplied stock. I have yet to see a late sauer with that configuration. Most from seen examples have the fat 'C' stock and no the normal saure stock either..It can be assumed that all these parts came from who ever supplied gustloff..

Just tyring to make sense of it all ??? And im sure its not working...I will stick to my first assesment as JPS lsr's are less consistant than Gustloff assembled..

Mr Haney
03-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Hi
I am just going to leaver her just they way see is. If it is not broke do'nt fix her.
I am a lucky guy to have such a sweet rifle and the friends on here to help me out.
Best Regards To one and All
Bob

Dave Roberts
03-12-2012, 06:28 PM
what I meant was that rifle has a mauser oberndorf supplied stock. I have yet to see a late sauer with that configuration. Most from seen examples have the fat 'C' stock and no the normal saure stock either..It can be assumed that all these parts came from who ever supplied gustloff..

Just tyring to make sense of it all ??? And im sure its not working...I will stick to my first assesment as JPS lsr's are less consistant than Gustloff assembled..

That`s the reason it so Darn Hard to figure these Sniper Rifles out once You believe You Got It . something different shows up to Blows You out of the water . This is the reason I always say never say never . Many collectors think because it is different from the info they have gathered it must not be Correct . Like I had mentioned how many examples have been examined out all that were made 1/10 of 1% . Best Regards
:thumbsup:

Dave Roberts
03-15-2012, 01:43 AM
Here is the LSR Sauer X block bolt with Long Key Safety I promised . I have seen and know of other also. Best Regards :faint:

mauser99
03-15-2012, 07:13 AM
to a novice the bolt looks like it was polished and re-blued.. Actually it was. Just not reblued. Just blued. Sauer still took the time to put a smooth finish on all their parts still this late in the war... Im sure back in the day before we knew many passed on these as being Re-blued Gustloff Bcd4 k98's...

Actually the more I look at this bolt I'd say its been re-blued... Sorry..

Hercules
03-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Here is the LSR Sauer X block bolt with Long Key Safety I promised . I have seen and know of other also. Best Regards :faint:

Dave,

Nice photos and info. Any chances of photos of the whole rifle. Thanks.

Brian