Third Party Press

bnz 42 Zf41

pic's

Is there any easy way to upload Pictures??Dieter
So,i did add some Pic's?Still " Bogus"? Dieter

Last edited:
Good morning Dave,the Barrell# 13441 cyw Wa# 26 x3.Zf rail sleeve Wa # 26x2 .So ,Borsigwalde Barrell in a scrubbed bnz Recierver ?Bolt MO Wa#63 late War[round holes] matches #8461 [no letter] itself.Plus,the 2nd final Firing proof?? I just dont know.Dieter

Need better pics. The one provided is of little value due to the quality and view. Detailed pics of sufficient quality to see the inspections of the rail side, receiver, barrel, rail and base, top, right side, bolt numbering, rifle serial numbering font, etc. There is no way to provide anything definitive or even remotely so with that single pic. The one thing we do know is that it is generally accepted that Steyr did not produce the Zf.41, thus a Zf.41 on a bnz is not correct. If the bnz receiver was cycled into Borsigwalde production (ar) then it could be correct. However, even still, we can't know from that is provided.

rear of the stock clearance cut looks wrong too. Better pics like hambone said though would be nice.

The stock clearance cut is not good. If it was original it would be Borsigwalde production utilizing a bnz receiver. Thus it would look like the rifle below in font, etc., except for having a bnz on the receiver instead of an ar. I've never seen such a critter, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I will say that the vast majority of Zf.41s one sees are bad.

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?405-ar-43-Zf.41

The rifle above is unquestionably original and documented. Have the vet's info, letter from his family, his documents, etc. It's also textbook correct for ar Zf.41 production

Military Rifle Journal
Back